jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Question about blog or static site

1. Jesse Drzal profile image87
    Jesse Drzalposted 4 months ago

Just a quick question, are you guys using blogs or static sites for articles? Advantages/Disadvantages of both? Thanks.

1. theraggededge profile image95
      theraggededgeposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Wordpress - can be both. I have a blog and also static pages. It doesn't seem to make any difference as far as traffic is concerned - highest traffic article is a page, but blog posts rank in the top ten as well.

Jesse Drzalposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Thank you for the response, appreciate that.

2. promisem profile image95
      promisemposted 4 months ago in reply to this

In my experience, a regularly updated site such as a blog gets more attention from search engines than a static site that never changes. That being said, the quality, uniqueness and credibility of the content matter even when the site is static.

Search engines also respond somewhat differently. I recently tested a short-term site with an important keyword in the url. It got a strong response from Bing and Yahoo and almost none from Google. I think the lesson is that we just keep testing and learning over time.

Very interesting..thank you so much for the input.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 4 months ago

There is really no difference nowadays.   Posts are posts.  The important things are:

(a) to choose and stick to one broad subject area
    (b) post new material regularly

Thank you, Marisa.

3. lobobrandon profile image83
    lobobrandonposted 4 months ago

Do you have an email subscriber list? If yes new posts will do well as blog posts as you send out an email letting your followers know about it.

Static sites need not be static. They can be constantly updated. Whereas a blog post is something that you write and forget about. But for best search engine traffic it is best to see how the page is doing and modify accordingly. Of course you can do this on a blog post too, but that's not the intention behind a blog post.

Depends on your niche tbh. In my niche I just create static pages.

Great input thank you as always Brandon,

1. lobobrandon profile image83
        lobobrandonposted 4 months ago in reply to this

You're welcome smile

working