jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

Daily hub views?

1. jimmyglaughlin profile image82
    jimmyglaughlinposted 2 months ago

What is a good average daily hub view?

I am curious to see how my averages are doing compared to other hubbers.

1. promisem profile image93
      promisemposted 2 months ago in reply to this

The About Us page says the site has 39 million visitors a month and 647,118 Hubs. Unless my math is bad, that works out to 60 visitors per month per Hub.

Making comparisons with individual Hubbers is tricky because everyone has a different experience. Someone can write one Hub that gets 20,000 visits a month and someone else can write 100 Hubs that don't even get 20,000 a month for all of them.

2. Hellenic Pagan1 profile image79
      Hellenic Pagan1posted 2 months ago in reply to this

I only started yesterday. Best I have gotten is 30 in one day. But that's only because I linked it on my social media. None of my hubs have been featured yet

2. jimmyglaughlin profile image82

I have 23 hubs, all are featured, 2 are on specialty pages and as of right now I have 146 views total.
    I don't feel that is very good at all.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Total views for the day? Your profile says you've had over 10,000 views.

jimmyglaughlinposted 2 months ago in reply to this

How can you tell how many views I've had? I must be blind, I can't see those totals for you or anyone

2. jimmyglaughlin profile image82

I see it now

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image93
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 2 months ago

This is an extremely hard game to make anything like a living's worth of bucks in. That said, the general rule of thumb, for as long as I can remember, has been you need 40 thousand page views per day to make a middle class wage.

Keep in mind 40 thousand readers or views per day would come out to being a lot more income were you to have your own website - BUT, were you doing your own website you'd not have the tech support and site maintenance which comes with the territory here. Also, with 40 thousand visitors per day, one should expect some sales of things one has for sale on their stuff, pretty much ever day.

Me? ahahaha HAHAHAHHA I'm absolutely nowhere in sight of 40 thousand a day. But daily I average more than 1/40th of what I'd need to make an actual living from this here shindig smile

You have 248 hubs, that is awesome!!

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image93
        Wesman Todd Shawposted 2 months ago in reply to this

I've probably deleted that many too. I put them on blogger blogs when they seem to be dead here. I may not even make a quarter a day on blogger, but then again, some of the things I used to publish here were seriously not very good.

So far as blogs go - what everyone will tell you is true, you need a blog to be about one sort of subject for it to do anything at all.

My blog is about a rare disease I have, so I would say that's a niche subject.

4. jimmyglaughlin profile image82

That was just for today.

1. Sherry Hewins profile image95
      Sherry Hewinsposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Well, it fluctuates. Even when you're riding high, you never know how long it will last.

working