Trying to get my poem featured but it keep getting kicked back

1. Angelo Grant profile image81
    Angelo Grantposted 4 weeks ago

https://hubpages.com/literature/Beauty- … Beast-Poem

I wrote this poem 10 years ago and am trying to share it with the community and get it featured but it keeps getting rejected for its quality. I like poetry because it's not too strict about how it allows you to express yourself. Hence, before I can put out a better version of this poem I need more specifics than the following generic explanation.

Articles that exhibit the following criteria are more likely to be Featured on HubPages:

- Complete and in-depth coverage of their subject area.
    - Attractive layouts (text broken up into multiple capsules with high-quality images and media.)
    - Easy to read text (consistent formatting that avoids excessive bolding, underlining, or italicizing text.)
    - Evergreen content (content that will stay relevant for months and years to come.)
    - Proper English grammar and spelling conventions.
    - No spammy elements (e.g., spammy links, unrelated product listings, repetitive keyword emphasis, links to your personal blog or website, etc.)

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

Please make sure it is categorized as poetry or creative writing. Articles under those categories are evaluated differently from the ones categorized elsewhere.

2. Glenn Stok profile image98
    Glenn Stokposted 4 weeks ago

Angelo, It's actually a great poem with a strong meaning behind it. What you need is more supporting material.

Try adding another text capsule with something about history of your poem, such as how you wrote it 10 years ago, why you wrote it and what it meant to you. That adds interest to the content that increases its value to the reader and a better chance of being featured.

Also add your "about the author" bio–a statement that appears right under your name and is the first thing people see. Your bio should give some background on you, such as how you came to write poetry.

The image also needs attribution to the source. And make sure you have the rights to use it for commercial purposes. 

Welcome to HubPages. Keep up the good work.

working