jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Rain Gardens - the latest Trend in Landscaping

1. LandscapingEagles profile image60
    LandscapingEaglesposted 3 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Rain Gardens - the latest Trend in Landscaping (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image95
      theraggededgeposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Hi there,

I'd suggest the following:

Change your title and sub-headings to title case. Google it if you are not sure what that is.

Remove the unnecessary bold text.

Change 'congregate' to 'collects'. Water doesn't congregate, people and animals congregate.

Go through your text and read it out loud. You'll spot a few grammatical errors.

You've spread your paragraphs out quite a bit. Perhaps some of the points could be condensed into a bulleted list? They make the text easy to read and help the article to look good.

Remove the links. Your article should be able to stand alone. Once the article is featured, you can try adding them back in. Self-promotional links are not allowed.

Only use legal-to-use photos. If they are your own, then say so. You cannot take images from Google Image Search and republish them. It's illegal unless you have confirmed they have a Creative Commons license or are in the Public Domain. Sites such as Pexels and Pixabay are good sources of images. Better still use your own - as you are a professional landscaper, you must have plenty of them.

Hope that helps.

2. Jesse Drzal profile image87
    Jesse Drzalposted 3 months ago

Needs more ''meat on the bone'' I think you have a nice searchable niche there, but competition is going to be very crowded. You need a way for you articles to be unique and stand out from the rest with better info, graphics and things of that nature.

3. Jesse Drzal profile image87
    Jesse Drzalposted 3 months ago

If you are in the landscape trade building these thing, I would detail the whole building process of one from the ground up using your own photos and or videos, possibly graphs where applicable, and use 1,500 to 2,000 words at least. That could be a money maker

working