Hello everyone, I have published my third hub today and I think I did a better job than on the first two. I really enjoy writing these hubs and I would like to write more regularly, and I would really appreciate to know what you think of it, and what tips you might have to offer.
Hi, one suggestion - under the arguments section in favour of and against independence, you could bold the main points. This way they would immediately catch the eye of the reader and break the monotony of the text also, which at present appears to be a wall of content under these headings. Hoping my suggestion would be helpful, thanks, regards...
Here is the link to your hub: https://hubpages.com/politics/The-futur … and-the-UK
Welcome to Hubpages. You have a nice style of writing.
The main problem with your article is that it isn't 'evergreen'. HP wants articles that are just as current in two years as they are now. Yours will need constant editing as circumstances change.
There are some problems with capitalisation: Prime Minister, Article 50, EU - all need to be capitalised.
Your sub-headings should be in title case.
Read the text through out loud to pick up grammar problems, such as, "Why have second referendum..."
Move the poll to the end of the article. Google wants to see a proper intro 'above the fold', not a poll.
Go through the text and weed out 'woolly' phrases. For example: "All this is leading to worries about the state in which the union is, and is leaving with questions that need answered."
"People are worried about the state of the union (UK), and are left with unanswered questions."
You've missed out some fundamental points in your article:
1. Scotland sells far more to the UK to the EU. What could happen as regards tariffs?
2. Westminster is devolving power to Scotland. The EU will take power as it follows its aims of 'ever closer union'.
3. Following on... why does Scotland want independence outside the UK but is willing to subjugate that independence to Brussels?
4. You briefly mention currency but it needs expanding. A country's currency is the basis of its economy, and thus the well-being of its citizens.
5. Scotland could find itself in an economic no-man's land between leaving the UK and joining the EU. What are the contingency plans?
6. There's no guarantee at the moment that Scotland will be allowed to join the EU.
7. Would the EU even want another net beneficiary? At the moment, Scotland, together with the UK, is a net contributor.
8. The SNP uses immigration as an argument, but the British Government has already clearly stated that immigration will not cease. Instead the UK will adopt 'selective immigration', meaning that people coming here will have skills and jobs prior to migration. At the same time, this means that the UK can choose people from anywhere in the world (including the EU), rather than being forced to take unlimited EU immigrants who come here on spec.
Hope that helps
by TechTonic4 years ago
Hey guys,I'm new to hubpages and would really appreciate if you could have a look at my Hub and tell me how to improve.I'll be writing reviews mostly,so any advice is extremely welcome.Thanks.First...
by swapna1236 years ago
I am new to hub pages with 3 hubs in the last 4 days. Individually, my hubs have a decent score, but the hub score of my profile is going down drastically. I would really appreciate if someone can give me a feedback on...
by Catherine Mostly3 years ago
I'm fairy new to Hub Pages, but one of the things I really enjoy is reading through the Hub Hopper - you never know what topic is going to pop out at you OR how good or bad the next article will be, ha! But some of the...
by Rose West7 years ago
Someone from an online dating site wants to put one of my hubs on her website. She said she would credit me fully, but wants to publish the entire article on her site. I'd be fine with a link to my hub, but I'm a little...
by James M Becher6 months ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub American Folk Music, Past, Present & Future. I have removed several product links. The 3...
by Simon12 months ago
HiI am new on this site, and have just tried to publish my first hubhttp://hubpages.com/animals/The-cost-of-owning-a-dogThis was only rated 66 Needs Improvement.I'd really appreciate some feedback on this, to understand...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.