jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: The Space Conveyor Could Revolutionize Space Travel

1. stanleykorn profile image61
    stanleykornposted 4 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub The Space Conveyor Could Revolutionize Space Travel (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. Hellenic Pagan1 profile image82
      Hellenic Pagan1posted 4 months ago in reply to this

I would suggest adding subheadings to better organise everything. Just to make it look more presentable. I would also link the sources to each of the photos you use. There are a few photos which is good but we can't see where you got them from. Not sourcing where you get images or information (if you are taking information straight from another page or author) from can cause some legal issues.

1. Hellenic Pagan1 profile image82
        Hellenic Pagan1posted 4 months ago in reply to this

Plus that very last part makes it clear that you are just advertising for your own book. Hubpages don't like it when people do this. If you want to advertise your book here, put it on Amazon and put an amazon ad into your hub for it. But be careful as to how you present the ad because if Hubpages think that it is an obvious advertisement, they'll cut it out of the article.

stanleykornposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Hellenic Pagan1,

Thanks for the feedback.

Regarding the "photos," they are not actually photographs but rather illustrations that I created with a drawing program. Is it necessary to source material that I myself create, and if so, how do I do that?

It's not clear to me whether the link to my book is considered to be inappropriate advertising since the material linked to is directly relevant to the subject matter of the article.

Is there a way to get Hubpages to let me know precisely why my article did not pass the Quality Assessment Process so that I can make the appropriate modifications before resubmitting the article for publication?

2. Jason mackenzie profile image87
      Jason mackenzieposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Hi...very informative hub. How about making it more reader friendly by incorporating sub-headings, highlighting some interesting facts through the blue-box feature on hub and may be also calling for an opinion poll? And there is spelling error showing in the first line of your article which I think you should be able to eliminate by adding a hyphen between the words space and elevator. Thanks, regards...

Jason Mackenzie,

Thanks for the feedback.

I don't see the spelling error that you say is in the first line of my article. "space elevator" should be two separate words; there is no hyphen between them. Am I missing something?

1. Jason mackenzie profile image87

Hi, every time I open your hub, these two words appear as underlined with red. Realizing that these are indeed 2 separate words, I was thinking of ways to get rid of the red underlines  and hence made a suggestion. These marks in the first line itself hamper the otherwise well-written hub. Thanks, regards...

FYI, the red underline of the two words indicates that that is a hyperlink. If you click on it, it will take you to the Wikipedia article describing the space elevator.

1. Jason mackenzie profile image87

Hi, got it!!! I think it is pretty interesting....may be you could try using call-out box and blue-box to highlight some part of the content? Also set-up a poll? Thanks, regards...

2. Luke Holm profile image94
    Luke Holmposted 4 months ago

Stanley, my suggestions are to break up the text a bit more and add section headers.  This will help your audience find information quickly, and it should help with your SEO.  At the end, when you mention the book, make it a link to the Amazon book product.  That might be useful if your audience wants to read more.  Also, add some internal links for the jargon that might be unfamiliar for your audience.  Overall, I enjoyed the hub.  Keep up the good work smile

3. Jason mackenzie profile image87
    Jason mackenzieposted 4 months ago

Hi, do check my hubs and leave comments whenever you have time, thanks, regards...

working