jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Ways to Increase Your Metabolism Naturally and Lose

1. srirad0675 profile image89
    srirad0675posted 4 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Ways to Increase Your Metabolism Naturally and Lose Weight. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. Jason mackenzie profile image82
      Jason mackenzieposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

Informative hub, but I would recommend segregating the content into specific subheadings and putting all the relevant points under that. As of now it appears to be a little haphazard and disorganized. If you can organize the information a bit it would greatly improve readability. Thanks, regards...

1. theraggededge profile image95
        theraggededgeposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

I'm afraid this is one of those topics that HP discourages. There are zillions of articles out there with exactly the same information. Why does the world need another one?

https://hubpageshelp.com/standards/Lear … ted-topics

Also weight loss comes under medical advice - so be careful of giving advice for which you aren't qualified. Not all nutritionists agree that calories are the key to weight loss. There are many factors involved. You state some recommendations as if they are the only way like this, "You need to adjust your diet based on your RMR. The daily consumption to maintain your weight should be RMR x 1.15. It is not advisable to exceed or lower your maintenance intake." Who says?

Lose the exclamation points! They look unprofessional.

1. srirad0675 profile image89
          srirad0675posted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

Thank you.

2. SherrieWeynand profile image79
      SherrieWeynandposted 4 weeks ago

Obese people are more likely to get cancer? Where did you learn that? Cancer is an insidious, non-discriminatory disease. Not to mention there are a myriad of different cancers. Seems like a lot of the information you've provided could be treading in dangerous waters. Just a thought.

1. greenmind profile image91
        greenmindposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

Sherrie fwiw I googled "is obesity linked to cancer" and there appears to be some pretty sturdy evidence that it is. However your main point, that it's unwise and even dangerous for non-professionals to give medical advice, is very true.

working