jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Key Backlinks -- Maddie Ruud please reply? :-D

1. Reg Brittain profile image59
    Reg Brittainposted 7 years ago

I recall once reading a thread where Maddie said she sought out "key backlinks" for her best hubs.

As some of us aspire to Maddie's level of success, I was hoping for some concise definition of that term -- "key backlinks".

I know backlinking is an art form, but it's the one area where I feel like I'm swimming in deep, lonely water.

I've read a lot about backlinking recently, and tried out some techniques -- so much of which feel useless and/or spammy.

I want to get it right and move on.

What is a "key backlink"?

Where/how do we get one?

Thank you.

2. dishyum profile image61
    dishyumposted 7 years ago

I'm curious to know about the same.

3. johnr54 profile image69
    johnr54posted 7 years ago

Probably the easiest good backlink to get is to post similar articles to Ezinearticles and include links to your related hubs in the resource box. 

Ezine articles not only get good Google Page Rank but they can rank high enough in the search engines to get decent traffic, and if you write the article well you can get a pretty good click through rate to your hubs.

Another source is to cross link between your Squidoo lenses and your hubpages.

4. ngureco profile image86
    ngurecoposted 7 years ago

Misha knows one or two things about backlinks. If you are really serious about one way backlinks, you can check his hub "One Way Backlinks Unlimited - 1WayLinks". It's up to you.

5. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Awww, thank you Ngureco! smile

Question was specifically stated to Maddie, so I just stayed aside.

BTW, John, ezinearticles are great, but I run into one problem with them recently - for one of my keywords my ezine article ranks better than my money pages! And no, I don't get enough traffic from them to compensate for this sad

1. johnr54 profile image69
      johnr54posted 7 years ago in reply to this

A couple of comments on this. 

1) Since we make no money off Ezines page views, I always write Ezine article submissions to sell the click, and while I try to write something that has substance and value, I tailor the resource box to tease enough to sell a click through.  Many of my ezine articles have click through rates of better than 30%.

2) While Ezine articles rank well, it is usually not a problem to have your own page outrank it.  More quality backlinks (like those from Hubpages) will do the trick.  It doesn't take hundreds of links to outrank an Ezine article. 

I always consider it good news when I own more than one spot in the SERPS. smile

1. Misha profile image74
        Mishaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Trust me, in this case it took several thousands of links. Not high PR sites mostly, but still smile