jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Easter Memories as told by Uncle Charlie

1. Shelley H Cruz profile image81
    Shelley H Cruzposted 7 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Easter Memories as told by Uncle Charlie (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

I would really appreciate  more guidance on what will pass quality inspection and  am happy to work on it!

Best regards,

Shelley

1. Glenis Rix profile image89
      Glenis Rixposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

I enjoyed reading this memoir. My only suggestion is that perhaps it is too short to meet the quality assessment criteria - around 2000 words is the benchmark.

2. Jason mackenzie profile image87
      Jason mackenzieposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

Hi, I really enjoyed reading it. Only one question is that whether the spelling in this first sentence 'My Uncle Charle....' is deliberate or an error? Thanks, regards...

2. Shelley H Cruz profile image81

Thank you for the observation of the typo!!!     Of course it should be Charlie......  My only excuse is that I am one week post cataract surgery.......

3. Jason mackenzie profile image87
    Jason mackenzieposted 7 weeks ago

Most welcome...and it is but human to make mistakes. Do check my hubs and leave comments when you have time, thanks, regards...

4. Shelley H Cruz profile image81

Thanks!  I saw your excellent article on grout and left a comment.  I made me realize I have a lot to learn about style, content, and layout of the articles.  I am new at this, but think it is fun!  Are you making any money from your articles??  How that all works is a bit of a mystery for me still.

Best wishes,
    Shelley

1. Jason mackenzie profile image87
      Jason mackenzieposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

Hi Shelley,

You can definitely make money from your articles. I found this thread particularly helpful of how you can make money from posting articles on hubpages: http://hubpages.com/community/forum/921 … n-hubpages

Or feel free to check out Hubpages Earning Program (Point 6 of http://hubpages.com/faq/#hpads-payments):
      We provide you with a managed service which includes ad performance reporting and a monthly payment directly via PayPal once you’ve reached a $50 payout threshold. Earnings from the Ad and Amazon Programs will be added together to help you reach the $50 payout threshold faster. The payment represents your portion of the revenue share associated with the HubPages Earnings Program advertising that has run on your share of impressions on your articles. You can view your HubPages Earnings Program earnings in My Account > Earnings > Balance History.

Cheers!

Shelley H Cruzposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

Thank you!  This is  very, very helpful!!

5. RachaelLefler profile image90
    RachaelLeflerposted 7 weeks ago

Quality Assessment is probably due to length if it's not featured. It meets other requirements I can think of for a good Hub: variety of capsules, good visuals, grammar and spelling are good, concise, interesting, informative. I would say though, it might help to pad out the introduction and conclusion, the introduction could talk more about Easter in general, and I feel like maybe you could do more to introduce your uncle and why he should be interesting to the reader. Also, I'd like you to tell more about his art and work as an artist. The Easter stories are good, but to get to them, I feel like more introduction about who your uncle is would help the readers connect with the story. Also, in the conclusion, you could talk more about how the stories stay with you and why you think they're important to you today. It's a good Hub, I'm not saying it has major flaws, but whenever you tell someone a personal narrative like that, you kind of should frame the story by beginning with details about why the story is worth caring about.

Shelley H Cruzposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

Your thoughtful and constructive criticism is great and much appreciated. As you can see I am new to this, and not an accomplished writer.   I am going to work on the story and see if I can, indeed, round it out with an introduction and more information....  Many thanks to you!

working