jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Has anyone else noticed how buggy the site is since the new format?

1. Misfit Chick profile image95
    Misfit Chickposted 7 weeks ago

I few weeks back, hub formats changed - article tab headings changed color, things were added, others were removed, etc. I didn't really like the new 'look' much because the new colors don't pop out as well. The new blue headings against the blue or the grey capsule backgrounds don't have enough contrast, especially for color-blind readers. No big deal though, right? However, when I open an image in a hub, there is no longer an 'X' to close the image - you have to refresh the page. There have been a couple other tech issues such as not being able to go straight to an answer within 'Questions' from Notifications - which is really a pain; and not worth the effort to go find it. (If you've noticed anymore oddities, please add them) - and now I'm trying to respond to a comment in one of my hubs; and nothing is happening when I click on submit. I don't even get an error. I've refreshed the page and tried several times - nothing (although I have responded to comments in another hub just today - don't know why it suddently isn't working). Does HP not do any testing before new website stuff gets replaced? Its been a few weeks now, can we get a smooth site running again soon, please?

1. lifelovemystery profile image85
      lifelovemysteryposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

I have experienced the same issue when submitting a hub to a network site. When I click Submit, nothing happens and there is no confirmation that the process actually completed.

Perhaps a "Thank You" pop-up notification or confirmation email would give us a better sense of the process.

1. Matt Wells profile image
        Matt Wellsposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

Thanks for letting us know about the Network Site submission notification bug. This issue has been resolved. When you submit an article to a Network Site you will now receive confirmation.

1. Jan Saints profile image81
          Jan Saintsposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

And have you stopped moving hubs or you're busy fighting Fred?! sad

2. MizBejabbers profile image90
      MizBejabbersposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

I've had problems being able to post my replies to comments made on any of my hubs that have been moved to niche sites. I've contacted HP several times about this, and they've responded, but they don't seem to know that there is a problem, much less how to fix it. The last time they told me how to reset a setting to something else, but it was already set to that setting. I was logged in, so I logged out and made three new login tries before the problem corrected itself. Now I'll hold my breath each time one of my few remaining hubs is moved. I will say that the new niche sites seem to be generating more traffic for me.
      I don't like the forum or question notifications not going directly to the new reply either.

3. sallybea profile image96
      sallybeaposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

I had the same issues today.  I had to log out three times before I could finish a comment.  In fact, I had to copy and paste my comment into word so that I could save some precious time.

4. Matt Wells profile image
      Matt Wellsposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

Hello Misfit Chick, We apologize for the inconvenience. An 'X' now appears to close an image after enlarging it, you can go straight to an answer from notifications and you can reply to comments directly on an article and in your account here: http://hubpages.com/my/hubs/comments/

2. jimmyglaughlin profile image81
    jimmyglaughlinposted 7 weeks ago

My Kaspersky software blocks the network sites calling them 'malicious', lol

3. PhoenixV profile image80
    PhoenixVposted 7 weeks ago

Functionality is a small price to pay for glitz and glamour.  eg Jennifer Anistons career as an actress.

Dolphin

Webpage not available

The webpage at http://hubpages.com/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Suggestions:

Make sure you have a data connection
    Reload this webpage later
    Check the address you entered

working