jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (14 posts)

Oh Boy big boo boo bio time!

1. Nell Rose profile image90
    Nell Roseposted 7 weeks ago

Sorry for the stupid title, but for goodness sake! I have noticed that sometimes, not all the time, but some of the hubs seem to have the wrong bio's on them! Not by accident I have to add, but by a technical hitch.

I went into a religious one of mine because someone had commented, and I spotted the fact that my bio read about something else I have written about! So I checked by signing out and finding the hub just in google, and yep there it was! so I changed it back to the original but this is not the first time I have seen this!
    So, if you write something always check and double check the bio is correct for the piece!
    And please can someone double check it? Ta very much!

1. kenneth avery profile image81
      kenneth averyposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

@Nell . . . it's not the end of the world. I think that I have THREE total bio's that, depending on what topic that I use, is all that I use. No use in me cluttering my hubs with one for every hub.

1. Venkatachari M profile image84
        Venkatachari Mposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

I didn't think Nell means that. You need not cluster it with one bio for each hub. But make more prudent bios that suit every hub of that nature.

1. kenneth avery profile image81
          kenneth averyposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

@Venkatachari M: Thanks.

2. Nell Rose profile image90
        Nell Roseposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

No, what I mean is when I check a bio on a hub say, cooking, for some reason when staff put the hub onto the cooking site, the bio gets changed and says something like 'I love studying reincarnation! It gets my bio's wrong!

1. Glenn Stok profile image97
          Glenn Stokposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

I answered you in your other thread too. Just to be sure I understand, is "I love studying reincarnation" one of your other bios?  Or are you saying that someone "wrote" an entirely new bio for you.

No it was mine, but for the reincarnation hubs

Things don't change by themselves. Make sure no one else has acccess to your HubPages account. Maybe it would be wise to change your password.

2. Venkatachari M profile image84
          Venkatachari Mposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

I never experienced like this till now.

2. Matt Wells profile image
      Matt Wellsposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

Hello Nell Rose, Please send us links to your articles and screenshots of your Author Bio appearing on the wrong article to team@hubpages.com and we will take a look.

Thanks Matt, I think I changed them back to normal, but will look for some more, thank you

Hi Matt, yep found some and emailed them to staff, thanks

Nell Roseposted 7 weeks ago

Thanks everyone, its been sorted now.

So what caused it?

working