jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Traffic and earnings are down

1. hclpd profile image89
    hclpdposted 4 months ago

While the traffic isn't affected by the update as much, earnings sure as hell have taken a huge hit. Anyone else in the same boat? Here is hoping that things go back to normal soon.

1. Jean Bakula profile image94
      Jean Bakulaposted 4 months ago in reply to this

I did really well when my hubs began moving to niche sites, but now I'm back to where I was about 2 years after I started (I've been here 6). Allowing us to only try to move 2 hubs a month is hard. Plus when they give corrections, the turn around time is really slow. They ultimately move the hub, but it sometimes takes a whole month to move one. Maybe they should speed it up a bit.

Otherwise, I think it's another failed experiment, unless we all start writing to the niches. People with a lot of hubs are most likely to fix older ones. All of my old ones are featured. But when a reader sees it's a 5 year old hub, that could be a turnoff, although I write evergreen things. Plus some of the categories just aren't that interesting.

2. FlourishAnyway profile image92
    FlourishAnywayposted 4 months ago

I'd give it some time before drawing conclusions.  There is an ebb and flow seasonality to traffic, and the experiment is not even a year old.  In the interim, perhaps try promoting them on social media, making smart edits/updates, and all the usual advice.

1. hclpd profile image89
      hclpdposted 4 months ago in reply to this

I agree with you. I am going to wait and see how this plays out. In the meantime, I'll be updating my hubs.

working