jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (18 posts)

I would like some feedback on my hub

1. Jason mackenzie profile image86
    Jason mackenzieposted 4 months ago

Hi, I would like some feedback on my hub 'Window Cleaning Facts Every Property Owner Should Be Aware Of' that can be found here - https://hubpages.com/living/Window-Clea … -Aware-Of. Thanks in advance...

2. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 months ago

When I click your link it sez "that page does not exist."

Sorry, I tried. (shrugs)

3. Jason mackenzie profile image86

Hi, in fact it happened to me too just now. Let me find out why and then will get back on this one. Thanks for trying...

1. theraggededge profile image97
      theraggededgeposted 4 months ago in reply to this

It's okay, you've added a full stop to the link. Here you go: https://hubpages.com/living/Window-Clea … e-Aware-Of

Jason mackenzieposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Hi, many thanks for sorting this out for me, truly appreciate. regards...

4. Kierstin Gunsberg profile image97
    Kierstin Gunsbergposted 4 months ago

Hi Jason, I took a look at your profile and didn't see this particular article. Is it published yet or is it still in the writing/editing stage?

Jason mackenzieposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Here it is - https://hubpages.com/living/Window-Clea … e-Aware-Of

5. Jason mackenzie profile image86

Hi theraggededge...did you check it out? Any feedback/comments?

1. theraggededge profile image97

I haven't yet. Will try to get to it later.

2. theraggededge profile image97

Hi Jason,

Okay, here's my feedback.

Some of your sentences are a bit long-winded and wordy. Keep in mind you are writing a simple 'how-to' and not an academic paper. I think it would benefit from a good pruning. More words does not mean better writing. In fact, the opposite is true.

Also, in non-fiction writing - never use a long word where a short one would do.

Remember who your readership is... people looking for information on how to clean windows are likely to be young home-owners or renters. They're not looking for War and Peace.

Do you really mean to spray the blinds with antiseptic? That would smell awful. No-one wants their home smelling like a hospital.

Don't overdo the drama... I don't think a few mould spots in the corner of a window is 'truly disturbing' smile

Does that help?

6. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 4 months ago

While there is nothing exactly bad about the hub, I struggle to find any advice that would not be completely obvious to any person capable of walking and chewing gum at the same time.

7. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 months ago

Am I the only one still getting a "page does not exist," even on the "corrected" link(s) in subsequent posts in this thread?

(shrugs) I give up.

8. DzyMsLizzy profile image93
    DzyMsLizzyposted 4 months ago

Also got the 404 error....

9. theraggededge profile image97
    theraggededgeposted 4 months ago

Maybe Jason's working on it.

You don't need to unpublish a hub to edit it smile

10. Jason mackenzie profile image86

Hi theraggededge, thanks for your feedback and intend to implement it today itself, sincere regards...

11. Jason mackenzie profile image86

FatFreddysCat and DzyMsLizzy...thanks for trying, appreciate your efforts. At present this hub is oscillating between edits and assessment. So that could be the reason for it not showing up...thanks anyway...

working