jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

BUY NOW Button Gone?

1. EricDockett profile image94
    EricDockettposted 4 months ago

I noticed my click-throughs for Amazon had plummeted significantly and I was wondering why. Today I see the big BUY NOW seems to be gone. I have to think this is the reason, as I remember how much click-through improved when the BUY NOW was added.

Is this a bug or a post-Fred experiment?

2. Blond Logic profile image90
    Blond Logicposted 4 months ago

It is a bug that they are working on. I had a message included regarding this on an article I had moved to a vertical site. When they moved my Amazon capsule, the button disappeared.

Hopefully, it will be sorted soon.

EricDockettposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Thanks! That makes me feel a little better. I would have been okay with it if they removed it, I guess, but it does seem to greatly help click-through.

I was just editing a Hub and noticed it appeared in edit mode, but not when published. Hope they get it fixed soon!

3. Glenn Stok profile image94
    Glenn Stokposted 4 months ago

The code in the HTML is still there, but the image file for the button is missing. If you click in the white space where the button should be, you'll see what I mean. Of course, visitors won't know to do that. Clicking the Amazon product image also works.

I hope they fix this soon, it's an easy fix. They just need to make the button image file accessible.

Interesting. I hope they fix it soon too. Even though they can click on the link or image, that BUY NOW seems to serve as  a significant call to action that, at least from what I can see, results in a major increase in clicks.

I never quite understood the psychology of that, as I'd be more inclined NOT to click on something that is urging me to buy it. But it seems to make a big difference.

I guess that also answers my question from last week about click-through on text links. smile

1. Glenn Stok profile image94
        Glenn Stokposted 4 months ago in reply to this

I used to get at least one Amazon sale every day from one particular hub. That stopped since the button disappeared.

You're right that it's a call to action. The psychology of it works best when you have text inside the Amazon capsule that talks about it. I use a lot of text there so the "buy now" button is pushed way down. By the time the visitor reads through what I say about it, they get to the "buy now" button—when they're ready to buy. It seems to work that way quite well. I've been having a lot of success with it. Until now!

2. eugbug profile image93
        eugbugposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Maybe they should use reverse psychology and put a big red "don't press this button" on ads smile
        https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13483837.jpg

THAT I would almost definately click on. smile

4. theraggededge profile image95
    theraggededgeposted 4 months ago

Is this why I haven't had any Amazon sales for five days, I wonder? I usually get something every day.

5. Solaras profile image89
    Solarasposted 4 months ago

Well it's thee now and it has a new look.  I guess it was not a bug but an update. Clumsy, if that is the reason it did not work for several days.

working