jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

I want to edit my hub (currently in editing queue). Help please.

1. SakinaNasir53 profile image86
    SakinaNasir53posted 3 months ago

Hello everyone! smile

This article of mine is said to have quality by the editor who reviewed it but isn't upto the standards yet. So it is placed in the editing queue (which is fairly long). The editor asks me to either wait for the hub to be edited by them or edit it myself.

It would be helpful if you could point out what mistakes I have made in this hub of mine. Thank you! Here's the link:

https://hubpages.com/education/History- … -of-Kuwait

1. Jason mackenzie profile image88
      Jason mackenzieposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Hi, starting from the heading, there should be a gap between Kuwait and the hyphen. Same goes for the next subheading, Camel...

How about adding a short intro?

Next, in this sentence 'Kuwait is a country devoid of trees (except palms).' A better way of putting it would be 'Kuwait is a country which is...'

There seem to be many such small errors. I would suggest you get this article checked by a proofreader, it would definitely help improve errors.

Hope I have been helpful...

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
        Marisa Wrightposted 3 months ago in reply to this

"Kuwait is a country devoid of trees (except palms)" - that is not an error.  It is perfectly good grammar.

2. SakinaNasir53 profile image86
        SakinaNasir53posted 3 months ago in reply to this

Thank you so much Jason for helping me out. smile I will edit this hub and make the necessary changes.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 3 months ago

Sakina, I'd say your problem with this Hub is focus.  The heading refers to history, but your introduction talks about the living conditions. 

I would start with a map showing the location of Kuwait,then an introductory paragraph something like, "Kuwait is an Arab country on the Persian Gulf.  While there is evidence of habitation going back to 8,000 BC, modern Kuwait was founded by the Bedouins."

Then continue with your "Brief History of the Bedouins", but do not number the paragraphs, it's not necessary.

1. SakinaNasir53 profile image86
      SakinaNasir53posted 3 months ago in reply to this

You're right! That's wonderful advice Marisa and thank you so much for your help. smile I will make the necessary edits right away.

3. Jason mackenzie profile image88
    Jason mackenzieposted 3 months ago

Most welcome..

working