jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: That's Life; Good...when our demons aren't dancing.

1. abwilliams profile image83
    abwilliamsposted 3 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

This Hub is proving to be my nemesis.... Help please, I just can't let this one go!

1. SakinaNasir53 profile image85
      SakinaNasir53posted 3 months ago in reply to this

Hi, abwilliams. smile

Please provide the link here so that we can take a look at it.

2. theraggededge profile image96
    theraggededgeposted 3 months ago

https://hubpages.com/politics/When-thei … -the-world

Hi there,

The main problem with this hub is that it isn't a fully-formed article - it's a blog post. HubPages are getting more picky about what they let through onto the site. Personal accounts are really only good when they are used to illustrate some factual message.

The next problem is the convoluted title. How about looking for a title that reflects the content and that people might be searching for? It really has no connection to the main topic of the hub which seems to be about family newsletters.

It's in the wrong category. You have it under political and social issues, but really it's more about religion and prayer. The QAP process takes into account the category, and if it doesn't fit, the hub will be rejected, unpublished or unfeatured.

'Newsletters' shouldn't be capitalised in the main body of the text.

Your image is sideways on and isn't credited. I thought it was a musical instrument until I turned my head. All images should be credited and legal-to-use.

The text needs to be broken up into shorter capsules, each with a relevant sub-heading.

Lose all the exclamation marks. They should only be used when writing, for example, Bang! or Hey there! Overuse is unprofessional and shouty.

Advice: this piece needs a better focus. Is it family newsletters? The fact that we all have to deal with good and bad? I think taking the family newsletter angle might be a good way to go. So how might you develop it and make it into an article that your readers might find interesting. You could include your own version to illustrate the points you want to make.

I'd also republish it under another URL. That means copying the text into a new hub and deleting the old one.

If you don't want to make the changes, give some thought about publishing it on a personal blog or even Facebook. Somewhere it will be seen by those who you want to see it.

Hope that helps smile

3. abwilliams profile image83

Yes it does. 
    Basically, it's a mess! lol
    Thank you for taking the time, appreciated!

4. abwilliams profile image83

Initially thought it belonged in a 'Social' category. 
    I didn't take the time to check, but I'm pretty sure that Social and Politics are combined  in one category.

1. Jason mackenzie profile image89
      Jason mackenzieposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Hi, overall your good intentions shine through and it is quite motivating. Two spots in your article could do with a bit of improvement.

First is this sentence - he end of the year, around Christmastime, or the beginning... - there should be a space between Christmas and time.

Second is this sentence - They cannot see, that all face hardship! - you could do away with the comma or even rephrase the sentence as everyone faces hardships. Its up to you to rephrase actually.

Hope I have been helpful, thanks, regards...

1. abwilliams profile image83
        abwilliamsposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Yes, thank you for taking the time to look it over.

5. abwilliams profile image83

Thanks ya'll.  Article is now featured.
    You know how it is when you're looking for something....let's say in the fridge and you're looking for....let's say mustard? It's right there where you last placed it, you just can't see it.
    Sometimes it just takes someone to say, it is right there next to the ketchup...good thing it doesn't bite! smile
    Thanks again!

working