jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

More hubs and page views is resulting in lower daily earnings... why?

1. TeriSilver profile image92
    TeriSilverposted 3 months ago

This is starting to bother me, the concept that I publish more pieces that get a lot of hits, only to see the actual pennies-a-day figures drop.  I know it's all about traffic and who sees what, but this is not only frustrating but a true concern.  I put many, many hours into each article; researching, writing, editing, proofreading, laying it into the template, rewriting and more edits, formatting and of course, pictures. I don't expect my ROI to be high or even comparative, but publishing hubs that generate a good amount of hits (like my circus features) should not result in low daily earnings and yet, that's what's happening.  The numbers keep dropping.

Hmmph. OK, rant over....

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Unfortunately this time of year many advertisers are spending less money, which means that they are paying less for the ads on the page, so even if more people visit, you may be getting $2 per thousand impressions, for example, instead of the $4 per thousand impressions an advertiser might be willing to spend around the holidays. The CPM of ads can fluctuate quite a bit depending on things like the time of year, the subject of the article, which site it appears on, etc.

1. Ashish Dadgaa profile image86
        Ashish Dadgaaposted 3 months ago in reply to this

@Christy Kirwan,

Thank you very much for sharing this. I was unaware about this.
        Do you recommend to write seasonal hubs then? Is it helpful?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
          Christy Kirwanposted 3 months ago in reply to this

These natural fluctuations in CPM will happen regardless of the subject of the article.

1. Ashish Dadgaa profile image86
            Ashish Dadgaaposted 3 months ago in reply to this

@Christy Kirwan,

oh, all right. As you said CPM fluctuation happens as per site or where it appears, so do they give higher or lower rate of ads to HubPages?

2. TeriSilver profile image92
    TeriSilverposted 3 months ago

Thanks for the info, Christy, I never have really understood all of this, formula-wise.

working