jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: How to tap into divine guidance to find your soulma

1. mattb24 profile image73
    mattb24posted 6 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub How to tap into divine guidance to find your soulmate (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

Hi there,

I think it is simply a question of improving the layout of your hub and doing some hard pruning.

Firstly, put your title and sub-headings into title case.

Then split up the text into at least four text modules with appropriate sub-headings.

See if it's possible use bullet points to break up the text.

Make your image full width and drop it down under your introduction.

Although, you talk about online dating, this is basically a spiritual/relationship topic, so belongs under one of those categories. The online dating category is full of spammy rubbish, so take it out of there.

Read your text out loud to pick up on awkward phrasing. Some of your sentences are long and rambling. For example, "Online dating can be a great tool for some who genuinely have a hard time meeting people, but it seems it has become a distraction for those who genuinely want to be on a journey to find their soulmate."

That very long sentence doesn't actually say very much. How about, "Online dating is useful for those who have a hard time meeting people. However, for those searching for their soulmate, it is a distraction." I don't like that second sentence because I don't know what you mean by a 'distraction'. I'm not sure you even need to include the stuff about online dating - surely the sentiment applies to any type of dating? During the second half of the article, you don't mention it at all, so why bother in the first part?

Do your best to cut out as many words as you can. I seem to have been saying this a lot lately, but more words doesn't equal better writing. You are writing a non-fiction, self-help piece, therefore, your readers need to be able to read it without wading through 'fluff'. Therefore keep your writing crisp. Don't use unnecessary adjectives. Words ending in 'ly'.  You might find an online grammar helper, such as Hemingway, useful for that.

Hope that helps.

1. mattb24 profile image73
        mattb24posted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

Thanks so much, for taking your time to give me feedback. I'll rewrite my article.

2. Jason mackenzie profile image87
      Jason mackenzieposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

Hi, two suggestions -

1 - convert your headings into title case

2 - use more capsules/subheadings - it would render your hub more readable

Thanks, regards...

working