French have 8 weeks of Vacations: Are french lazy ?

1. thecounterpunch profile image57
    thecounterpunchposted 9 years ago

I'm french and I'm currently in Vacation so I write the article smile … rench_lazy

2. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 9 years ago

Sounds like the French know how to live to me:)

1. thecounterpunch profile image57
      thecounterpunchposted 9 years ago in reply to this

I don't think the American don't know less how to live, it's just about "the system" in which one's live; also I don't know if you have the same kind of expression but we french do say "the grass always seems greener in neighborhood" that is to say you see the advantages of french system but do not see the disadvantages :

For example the french did invent the term "Entrepreneur", well it's no more a country of entrepreneurs : little business and business-angels and even venture-capitalists are nearly non-existant in France smile There a lot of unemployment (gov. has tricked the stats so much about that the official statisticians of Gov. have protested in medias !  : officially unemployment is about 10% in average - unofficially employment is double the official numbers !) - with more than 20% officially also for below 25 years old.

Another example: at 50 years old firms do not want to recruit you anymore and in IT it can be at 40 years old ! One of the silly reason is some "social" law passed to protect old employees from being fired by increasing the fee if enterprise do so : the result was the exact opposite, they do fire even more sooner to escape the law and don't recruit any more above 50 !

I can multiply the examples but should stop there smile