jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Adsence and HP Ad program

1. Jesse Drzal profile image88
    Jesse Drzalposted 3 months ago

Ok just double checking..if I am enrolled in the HP ad program, I don't have to configure the niche sites on my personal Adsence for the rest of my earnings? I know I still do collect in Adsence a little while in the program so just wanted to be sure about that.

1. Jesse Drzal profile image88
      Jesse Drzalposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Just for kicks..I added spinditty.com to the ''My Sites'' section on Adsense...I didn't self-implode, which is nice. My person remains intact.

2. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 3 months ago in reply to this

They seem to get added by themselves. Though I think I read somewhere that enabling this isn't a good idea as a competitor could add a malicious site using your code, thus causing Google to drop you like a hot potato.

1. lobobrandon profile image83
        lobobrandonposted 3 months ago in reply to this

No the problem isn't google dropping you like a hot potato. The problem is google banning your Adsense account and you cannot get another.

Yes Jesse, if you have set it up so that you need to manually enter websites you authorise then you need to add the sites, just like you did spinditty.

1. theraggededge profile image96
          theraggededgeposted 3 months ago in reply to this

That's what I meant big_smile

Haha ok smile I thought you meant that seeing the publisher ID google did something to affect the rank of the pages.

2. Jesse Drzal profile image88

Thank you as always for the help Brandon.

3. Jesse Drzal profile image88

It was just very confusing...Not sure if I was to add the niche sites I'm on or not. Because I don't own them lol!!. Don't want to cause trouble with Adsence was my worry. I hope staff sees this and possibly put out some clarification for all of the Hubbers. We need to be collecting every last cent that is owed from our work in my opinion.

I have pointed this very issue at least 3 times earlier and once a staff member replied saying it was not necessary and then Glenn, Marisa and a few others also pitched in to say yes we need it.

You are basically telling Adsense that you approve of the website to show your ad and you take responsibility of the pages your ads show on. If ads are shown on certain sites there's a chance to get your adsense account banned.

therefore to help people they ask if you auto approve or if you want to specify which sites are allowed to show your ads. If you auto approve I could easily take your Publisher ID and put it on a site with pharma etc or even duplicate content and get google to ban your adsense account. Sounds scary? It is smile

4. Jesse Drzal profile image88

That is scary, Brandon. It's just a little confusing. I'll go ahead and add the rest then. Thanks again Brandon you really are a life saver on the forums.

You're welcome smile

working