jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (12 posts)

I would like a feedback on my hub

1. MuhammadAmeen89 profile image80
    MuhammadAmeen89posted 3 months ago

I would like a feedback on my hub, please.

https://hubpages.com/technology/Top-Soc … -Your-Blog

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Hi there,

I'm afraid your article is waaay out of date. Why are you writing about stuff that every single blogger, online writer or internet marketer knows already? You are not adding anything new to the mix. We've read all this before a million times. And so have your potential readers.

How about some lesser known ways to promote a blog? Or some handy tips that no-one has heard of?

MuhammadAmeen89posted 3 months ago in reply to this

That never occurred to me. Thank you for pointing it out, I will make sure to update it with new tips every now and then

2. John Welford profile image93
        John Welfordposted 3 months ago in reply to this

RaggedEdge, I'm not so sure that criticism is a fair one. Everyone has to start from somewhere, and a quick and simple guide to the basics is not necessarily a bad idea. I've been around the blogging/writing world for quite a long time, but I never to date explored Tumblr - this article has reminded me that it might be worth looking at.

Muhammad might, however, think about offering more "plus and minus" points about each of these social media outlets from the perspective of a blogger. Which would he recommend based on personal experience, for example? How about offering a points scale? This might also be a good candidate for a "poll" - which of these outlets do Hubbers use?

1. theraggededge profile image96
          theraggededgeposted 3 months ago in reply to this

All you need to do is type in 'promote your blog' or 'promote your website' into the HubPages search to see how much is on this site alone. His article will be competing with authority blogging websites for the same keywords and information. It doesn't stand a chance of attracting much traffic. Therefore, he has to offer something that other sites do not.

You mentioned that you needed the reminder to use Tumblr, but you only saw the article because you were on the forum or it appeared in your feed. Do you think if you had typed a relevant query into Google that this article would appear on the first or even the second page? No.

Do you think the article has enough quality information to be moved to a niche site, thus rendering it more likely to be seen by Google? No. Therefore, my criticism is fair and helpful.

Rewriting generic information is not worth the time and effort. There has to be something that will create interest.

1. John Welford profile image93

OK - fair point!

2. John Welford profile image93

Just a quickie - you need to correct a rather important mistake, namely that the Twitter limit is 140 characters, not words!

Thanks John!

3. Jason mackenzie profile image89
      Jason mackenzieposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Hi, to be more specific, this sentence - 'Asides from transforming the way in which individuals...' - it should be Aside/Apart/In addition...thanks, regards...

Thank you

2. profile image62
    vijaychittariposted 3 months ago

Nice

3. CYong74 profile image89
    CYong74posted 3 months ago

Your topic aside, I think your SEO is a little weak. This is especially important for topics that are well covered by other writers.

working