jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: The Theory of Mind: Has your child developed it yet

1. Renee Irving-Lee profile image80
    Renee Irving-Leeposted 5 days ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub The Theory of Mind: Has your child developed it yet? (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. Jason mackenzie profile image81
      Jason mackenzieposted 5 days ago in reply to this

Hi, something I observed all through your article pertains to singular and plural. For example, in this sentence - 'The 3-year old tries to tell you a story but is getting frustrated with you because you are not following what they are saying or you did not automatically know the parts of the story that they had left out.' - You start with a 3-year old but down the sentence switch over to 'they'. And this discrepancy is there is most of your sentences. Either it should be 3-year old children and they or 3-year old and him/her.

Basically your article requires some consistency regarding singular and plural nouns. Hope I have been helpful, thanks, regards...

1. theraggededge profile image95
        theraggededgeposted 5 days ago in reply to this

Jason, it is acceptable to use 'they' and 'them' as singular, gender-neutral pro-nouns. Some individuals prefer it.

2. Renee Irving-Lee profile image80
        Renee Irving-Leeposted 5 days ago in reply to this

Thanks Jason.  I will re-read over the article with this in mind.

@theraggeredge - if you would consider 'they' and 'them as acceptable to use, could you see anything else in my article that could prevent it from being a published hub?

1. theraggededge profile image95
          theraggededgeposted 5 days ago in reply to this

Sorry, Renee, I didn't have time earlier. I'll take a look now.

Okay....

Make sure your whole title is in title case. "Theory of Mind" has a large monthly search volume so you should do all right with that key phrase. You could make it better by retitling your article as "The Theory of Mind and Child Development". That's a personal choice though.

Have you permission to use your first image? If yes, then include a link to the source. If not, remove it and find something suitable from Pixabay or a similar free image site.

Put your sub-headings into title case.

I'm wondering if the use of italics to highlight the key phrase is preventing it passing QAP? You could try putting it back to normal and reduce the use of the term, 'Theory of Mind' to around three or four instances.

I can't think of anything else. It looks fine to me.

Hope that helps.

1. Renee Irving-Lee profile image80
            Renee Irving-Leeposted 4 days ago in reply to this

Thanks, so much.

2. Renee Irving-Lee profile image80
    Renee Irving-Leeposted 4 days ago

I changed some of the bold font and now it is published and a featured article.

So much to learn about hubbing!

working