jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Are you ready to marry HIV/AIDS person?

1. 61
    ladyvenusposted 7 years ago

I hope I won't shock you with the kind of question I have. My question is a test of love. If having a bf or gf for a couple of months or years then you find out He or she has AIDS what you gonna do? will you continue marrying the person despite or you might run away from the person.

2. DennisBarker profile image60
    DennisBarkerposted 7 years ago

I've had a couple of relationships with people who were HIV positive (both now deceased) but the relationships were not balanced or positive for me.Neither lasted longer than six months.I did not consider the relationship to be a test of love although I was attracted to the people concerned. Neither of these people told me they were HIV positive before we started the relationship and their positive status was not the reason that the relationship did not work long term.

1. 61
      ladyvenusposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think many people in your place is Positive. Just like it become an ordinary disease already. Have the gov't. take effort to find solution to it?

3. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

I think you should decide if you love this person and will have a good marriage. The persons health is important, but should not be the only deciding factor. Your happiness is.

4. 0
    kay pierreposted 7 years ago

It's kind to consider, however, you can get the virus from them if you sleep with them or kiss them and there's blood in their teeth. If you are not protecting yourself, you can get the virus. Just make sure you don't get the virus

5. Ladybird33 profile image70
    Ladybird33posted 7 years ago

Follow your heart and your gut, it will tell you what to do.

6. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

This is going to be really unpopular, and I'm going to seem really cruel; but no, I wouldn't marry them.  The other side to that, though, is if I had it (or any one of a number of serious infections/diseases that can be spread) I would also break up with them and tell them to marry someone else.  (So even if I have a "mean" standard, at least I don't have a double standard.)