Plagiarism

1. Rupert Taylor profile image94
    Rupert Taylorposted 5 weeks ago

I submitted an article this morning that was flagged by Admin as duplicate content. It was based on an article I had written seven years ago for a content provider that is now defunct. I spruced it up a bit, added new and up-dated content, and submitted it here. In the meantime some louse had stolen it from the other website before it vanished from the Internet, so my article here looks as though I've ripped it off from someone else. I've written to the scoundrel at http://www.bonpasseexonerationservices.com and demanded it be taken down. I hear the chorus of "Good luck with that." If you are reworking material from another time and place best to run it through a plagiarism checker to avoid the being tainted by what looks like stealing your own work.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

Any time you leave an article on a defunct website you open it to theft, and there is nothing you can do about it because you can't prove you wrote it first.  Putting a "spin" on it still creates duplicate content.  It's a hard lesson, but an important one.

working