jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Amazon Cookies - How long do they last on a computer?

1. lobobrandon profile image82
    lobobrandonposted 4 weeks ago

I think it's more than a month since I switched to the HP amazon program, but today when I look at my Amazon account I got some sales with my HP affiliate ID.  Does anyone know how long Amazon cookies are stored on a computer and how long after the click that the affiliate still gets credit?

2. Glenn Stok profile image98
    Glenn Stokposted 4 weeks ago

The affiliate cookie lasts only 24 hours, or until the person clicks on someone else's affiliate link before ordering anything.

Full details:
    https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/he … 0Statement

1. vocalcoach profile image93
      vocalcoachposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

Thanks glen as I didn't realize t his.

2. lobobrandon profile image82
      lobobrandonposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

Thanks for that Glenn. That's exactly as I remember it, guess I'm not going to figure out where those sales came from. Could be a mistake in my tag on one link on my website somewhere? I did google site:mysite.com hubpXXXX but that lead to no results, still wondering smile

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 4 weeks ago

Glenn is right, however my understanding is that if someone puts the item in their basket and comes back to buy it before the basket expires, then you still get credit. 

What I can't recall is how long it takes before a basket expires.

1. lobobrandon profile image82
      lobobrandonposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

Ok this makes sense. I can't even tell which page got the sale as all 5 items are totally irrelevant to what I write about.

working