jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Can you write poetry on hubpages?

1. bbanks27 profile image86
    bbanks27posted 3 months ago

I am new on this website, but I do have a question. Can you write poetry on hubpages? Yes or no? If so, can you comment a link to explain expectations for poetry writing? I did look around on forums and the learning center for this topic, but I didn't understand any of them at all. Please and thanks.

1. theraggededge profile image95
      theraggededgeposted 3 months ago in reply to this

You can write poetry, as long as you place it under the correct category of 'creative writing'.

HubPages is focused on producing fact-based articles that attract search-engine traffic, so poetry tends to be left alone in its own little corner. You won't earn much money from writing poetry here.

Edit: I just took a look at your first hub, and it's excellent. It's also very long so you could think about splitting it into two or more hubs. You could focus one hub on the gecko in general, then another on its care and feeding, then another on creating the perfect habitat.

If you can put together hubs like that, I'd leave the poetry for your personal journal smile

bbanks27posted 3 months ago in reply to this

Thank you! I'm so happy you read my first article. I've wrote poetry back when and just would like to have it on there. I'm happy you like the first article. How did my grammar look and punctuation?

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 3 months ago

I agree, you can certainly write poetry on HubPages for fun, but don't expect it to earn income!

bbanks27posted 3 months ago in reply to this

That is what I was planning to do. Thank You!

working