jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Can you write product reviews on hubpages?

1. bbanks27 profile image86
    bbanks27posted 2 months ago

If you can write product reviews on hub pages, is there any specifications that you have to follow?

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image92
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 months ago in reply to this

Yes, you can, but doing so is a bit tricky because you must show that you use the products, why you think they are good and then also compare them to similar ones.

You also have to limit the number of ads you place.  One or Two Amazon ads are about right.  Too many will give you problems.

2. bbanks27 profile image86

Thank you for letting me know. How do I go about for Amazon products on my hub?

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 months ago

To add to TT2's advice:  HubPages says you should have personal experience of the products you review.   That's not strictly true - you just have to sound as though you have personal experience of the product!   

To make money on HubPages, you need to sign up for Adsense and the HP Earnings Program. 

If you already have an Adsense account you can use it here - otherwise you'll have to wait until you've been a member for at least a month, and have written at least 15 Hubs.  Then you can apply for an Adsense account, and once that is approved, you can join all aspects of the HP Earnings Program.  And part of that is Amazon.

You could apply for your own Amazon affiliate account in the meantime, but frankly I wouldn't bother.  In your first couple of months you'll get very few visitors anyway. Just be patient, apply when you become eligible and go from there. 

You'll find a Hub on my profile about the essential rules of HubPages, including the rules around Amazon products.

4. bbanks27 profile image86

Thank you! I figured much I just wasn't sure!

working