jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Image quality has turned ridiculous in new Hubpages article format.

1. alikhan3 profile image92
    alikhan3posted 3 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13505807_f520.jpg
    Hubpages has recently upgraded the format of its site, which now features larger then before images. While this is a very good improvement the image quality has significantly deteriorated because of being zoomed in.

Attcahed is an image snipped from the actual article preview showing the extent to which the images are deteriorating after being uploaded. While at the same place I assure that the original image I upload from my computer is very crisp and high resolution.

1. lobobrandon profile image83
      lobobrandonposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Reupload it again. Add white space around it if needed.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image92
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 months ago in reply to this

I have not had this problem for any images I have uploaded BUT I use an editing program called Picmonkey.com that helps me to adjust my images as needed.  Also, what you are showing is script, and that may be the problem. Getting script to appear clearly can possibly be an issue. 

Try using Picmonkey (it's free) on this same image to see if you can fix it  Might just work!

2. alikhan3 profile image92

I did reupload it. All images uploaded to hubpages undergo some "compression" which results in loss of quality.

3. alikhan3 profile image92

I must surely try this.

What I feel is that this is an inherent problem in HP system. You upload images, HP compresses them to save space at its hosting end this results in some loss of quality.

This I think is unacceptable because readers like crisp images and we do a considerable effort to gather good quality images, only to find that HP quality loss at its end.

working