I'd like feedback on my Hub: Hear voices of many famous personalities

Jump to Last Post 1-32 of 32 discussions (56 posts)
  1. Whispering Night profile image64
    Whispering Nightposted 6 years ago

Hi Hubbers,

"Uncertainty is an uncomfortable position. But certainty is an absurd one."

Voltaire

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13509619.jpg

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Hear voices of many famous personalities (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. MuhammadAmeen89 profile image71
      MuhammadAmeen89posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Nice article but I would suggest going over it again as I see some minor errors, like missing comas, minor grammatical mistakes etc.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

You need to learn how to capitalise your titles properly. 

HubPages demands fluent English with good grammar and sentence structure.  Either English is not your native language, or you are being careless when writing these Hubs and not proof-reading them properly.

3. Whispering Night profile image64

Yes. Just like Jesus I too don't speak english.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I'm afraid Jesus wouldn't get published here either.   HubPages demands a high level of English.  They are not going to change the rules for you, no matter what your message is.

2. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

This is equally true of my dog, and equally irrelevant.

4. Whispering Night profile image64

I told the truth that I don't speak English for real just like Jesus. Thank you.

Did I call you a liar?  No.  I said that people who can't speak fluent English are not able to write on HubPages.

If you want to write here then you need to go away and spend a few months learning how to write good English, then come back and try again.

5. Whispering Night profile image64

Something should be done about that.

No, why should it?

6. Whispering Night profile image64

" We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be."

May Sarton

I suggest you follow that advice.  Start your OWN blog on blogspot.com or weebly.com or tumblr.com.  On those places, you can post all your articles and no one will prevent you.

7. Whispering Night profile image64

You see I have a cute adult lion as my pet and he likes to play a lot. I feel inspired to write here when he is around and I don't think I should  stop since it will make him feel very discouraged. Hope you respect his feelings.

"Its not always about the known its also about the unknown too."

8. John Welford profile image79
    John Welfordposted 6 years ago

Do you really think that this is the sort of thing HubPages is looking for? A site like this survives by attracting advertising and getting approval from search engines such as Google. In other words it needs high quality, well written pieces that people out there want to find.

This is poorly written drivel - sorry to say that, but it is.

9. Whispering Night profile image64

Yes sir You speak the truth. I dearly accept the fact you have mentioned. Thank you.

There are some people who show great interest to this topic. That's the reason to be here.

It may be true that some people on HubPages are interested in the topic.  However, they will never see it, because the HubPages quality team will never allow your Hubs to be published unless you can improve your English.

10. Whispering Night profile image64

"Be the chief But never the lord."

Lao Tzu

11. Whispering Night profile image64

please pray to God that my hubs get published and everyone can read it.

12. Whispering Night profile image64

I suspect there is some other reason for not publishing my hubs. Its not just grammar mistake. If only hubpages talk to me directly and tell their view regarding my hubs. It will be helpful. In spite of  fantastic attention I get from my audience. They are barred from reading my hubs. I wish to know why is this happening. Hope I will get answers.Thank you.

No, there's no other reason.  HubPages is a site which demands a good level of written English. You do not have a good level of written English. It really is that simple.

1. theraggededge profile image97
        theraggededgeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Plus they are boring, repetitive platitudes. As they say, 'once you've read one, you've read 'em all'.

And repeated titles, which won't be approved until you change them. As I've told you. Many times.

HP staff and QAPpers haven't got time to give everyone individual attention.  They will say exactly the same thing that we are saying to you. It's perfectly obvious why your hubs aren't being published.

Why don't you write a hub about the process of contacting dead celebs? Then get someone to proofread it for you.

2. chasmac profile image92
      chasmacposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yes, it's not just your grammar mistakes. We already told you what else is wrong. The content is also a problem.
      For example, you told us that Carl Sagan claims that his greatest discovery was that there is a black hole at the centre of the planet. But it's common knowledge that he made no such discovery, nor ever claimed to.

Your answer to similar contradictions is to absolve yourself of all responsibility for the content of YOUR Hub with a "Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger" response. Well, that's not good enough; everyone who writes a Hub has to take full responsibility for the content.

You say God gave you this ability. But, if that's true, then God won't be impressed at you using other peoples' photos illegally. I think there's even a commandment about that - something about "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbours' website photos and use them without permission".   

So what is HubPages to make of such hubs? They have to consider the possibilities, which may include:
      1. You are a fake just trying to write easy Hubs.
      2. You're not a fake, but you're delusional and just imagining these messages.
      3. The messages are real but are NOT from the departed souls you name.
      4. The messages are genuine but you aren't able to interpret them correctly (hence the false facts).

My own belief about your messages is irrelevant, but to give you the benefit of the doubt, I'd like to see you address point number 4. Fact check all your messages and when you find an obvious error, get back to the 'author' and question it - like you did when I pointed out that Mata Hari's real name was NOT Ian or that Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother was NEVER Queen of England but was Queen Consort.

Personally, I'm intrigued to know whether HubPages would accept such Hubs if the grammar was fixed and the messages were consistent and factually accurate. After all, they accept Hubs about tarot and horoscopes. So, I'm willing to work with you on removing the inconsistencies if you like.

Yebbut, yebbut, tarot is a real system. It has basis in fact. It's not only used for psychic readings, but for other applications, such as counselling, writing, games, art, etc. It has historical veracity.

That's why I suggested Jesus Talks writes a hub about how he contacts the dead people. As he has done on his profile. He could get his 'messages' out there if he built them into proper, factual hubs. As it is, they are just waffle.

13. Whispering Night profile image64

But these talks are from dead. I did use a dead English lecturer  Patrick J. Kavanagh. He read all my hubs and pointed out the mistakes.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13517703.jpg

His standards have slipped big_smile

14. theraggededge profile image97
    theraggededgeposted 6 years ago

Have you seriously changed your name to 'Jesus Talks'?

That's made my day big_smile big_smile big_smile

15. Whispering Night profile image64

I think Queen mother being a woman always thought she is a queen and her daughter must have treated her that way.

Common mistake I make is as and has.

Carl Sagan is talking about the heavenly planet he his currently living and  not our world.

If you are worried about fake message be cheerful till date whatever I posted is 100% true.

I even told everyone I don't want to earn from here.

You were asking about how to prove these messages are true so how can it be done. I cannot bring spirits to you it will make you tremble.

Currently I am contacting Mummies of Egypt.

How are you going to help me?

God is huge and great than we think.

It is NOT a 'common mistake'. Why would 'being a woman' make her think she was queen. That's rather sexist, isn't it?

That's what we are trying to explain to you. If you can't be bothered to get the basic facts right, then your 'work' has no value whatsoever. We all have to do our research and so should you. HP is not going to approve hubs that are so obviously incorrect.

You really should think about having your own site. You won't get a great deal of exposure here, even if the hubs are approved. Each HP member occupies a very small corner of the site, HubPages won't market your hubs for you, you still have to attract search traffic. And, if they don't get traffic, they'll be automatically unfeatured and you'll be back where you started.

Chasmac is making a very generous offer to you, perhaps you could try to be a little more gracious?

2. chasmac profile image92

Let me address your points one by one:

“I think Queen mother being a woman always thought she is a queen and her daughter must have treated her that way.”

What you or I think her innermost thoughts were is irrelevant. What’s important is that she’s now indirectly claiming to have been the British monarch (“I am no longer Queen of England…”).   Now, it may be that her memory isn’t what it used to be and causing her to make outlandish claims that she would NEVER have made in life. So, you have to take that into account when writing the message, otherwise YOU are the one who won’t be believed.

“Common mistake I make is as and has”.

You’re talking about your English mistakes, right? Yes “as/has”and “is/his” are two mistakes you commonly make. But as you know that, why don’t you fix them?

“Carl Sagan is talking about the heavenly planet he his currently living and  not our world.”

Heaven is a planet?

“If you are worried about fake message be cheerful till date whatever I posted is 100% true.”

I’m not in the least worried. It’s you who should be worried because you’re the one desperate to get these messages out but are being prevented.

“I even told everyone I don't want to earn from here.”

So, make sure you switch off ads in your settings.

“You were asking about how to prove these messages are true so how can it be done. I cannot bring spirits to you it will make you tremble.”

No, I wasn’t. I think you keep missing this point. It’s got nothing to do with me. I’m simply pointing out inconsistencies that will cast doubt on your claims. It goes without saying, they can’t be proven true. If they could be proved true, it would be breaking news on every TV channel in the world right now. But the more inconsistencies and contradictions you have, the more easily they can be proved UNTRUE – at least in the minds of the majority of readers (including HP editors).

Currently I am contacting Mummies of Egypt.

In which language?

"How are you going to help me?"

I and others have already helped by insisting on you fixing all your grammatical errors and content inconsistencies. As I said, I’m intrigued to know how HubPages deals with hubs of this type. The wicked side of me is already planning a Hub on encounters with Martians, Mercurians, Venutians and Vulcans – oops, there’s no such planet as Vulcan. See how easy it is to be proved wrong? Just joking – I’d never dare write a Hub like that.

Right, here’s what you have to do. Fix all the grammar/ spelling errors. I could do it for you but as that’s one of my income streams, I’d have to charge you for it. In any case, I’m far outclassed by that dead professor who’s offering to do it for free.
      Next you have to apply a QAP to all who are eagerly queuing up to give a message. The message must be truthful, consistent and interesting with a minimum of 200 words. Get tough with them. They're obviously as eager as you to get their messages out, so they'll compromise.

16. Alec Zander profile image81
    Alec Zanderposted 6 years ago

Grammar is a huge issue. In just the first two lines, I have found four major mistakes. Instead of "you will be understanding", say "you'll understand". Instead of "What is this about", say "what this is about".

In line 2, you should make message plural and also add a 'the' in "from afterlife" so that is says 'from the afterlife'. Proofread and improve the grammar mistakes and you should be good to go smile

Oh Alec, we've already told him all this. Jesus Talks thinks he is above and beyond needing to make corrections and improvements.

17. Whispering Night profile image64

Alec was very specific about the mistakes I make and I need more feedback from such friends. He didn't talk in general.

I am being gracious to Chasmac. If she wishes to help me then she is really welcome.

God is big I am tiny under him

1. chasmac profile image92

Actually, I'm a he not a she.

18. Whispering Night profile image64

I am telling the truth anyone who meet spirit will make them tremble. I saw a faceless ghost it scared me.

19. modernalchemyst profile image90
    modernalchemystposted 6 years ago

Okay, I'm a "fruity new ager" as some would say, but this isn't about HubPages discriminating against your chosen topic. It's about the fact that it's hard to understand your writing, pure and simple. This is an English language site. I'm bilingual, but if I wanted to write on a Spanish language site, I would expect them to demand a fluent command of the written language. It doesn't matter if you're writing about little green men, HubPages exists to make money through the dissemination of quality content. If they feature articles that are difficult to read, they will lose credibility and all of the writers who put time and effort into producing well-written content would suffer as a result. It's really not remotely personal.

20. Whispering Night profile image64

With all my respect I agree with above facts sir. I don't want to be a reason to disrupt other people works. But I just want to say these message are real. Thank you.

21. Whispering Night profile image64

I don't think anyone have to worry about losing reputation regarding  their respective hubs. Hubpages can always unpublish certain hubs if it is not up to the mark. You all are safe inside the hands of Hubpages.

Exactly.

And, yes, Alec pointed to two lines, but the grammatical errors are within almost **every** sentence on all your hubs, including the published one and the pending ones.

You are still showing people like President Lincoln and Gandhi  as 'Sir'. I already explained that only a British citizen can ever be a Knight of the Realm. That's help right there, but you keep ignoring it.

You seem unwilling to do anything to help yourself. Instead of hanging around the forum, go fix your hubs. Fact check every 'contact' in Wikipedia. Make sure you have their name and title spelled right. Make sure you are not making basic factual errors. Grammar check in Grammarly. How much more help can we give you?

22. Whispering Night profile image64

I checked the word Sir in wordweb it is written as Term of address for a man and nothing to do with Britain I guess.

You are incorrect. You are using it as a formal title, not in conversation.

You might call a teacher, "sir", but you wouldn't address him as "Sir Jesus Speaks". There's a difference. Titling an American president as Sir Abraham Lincoln is incorrect. Please don't argue about it; put it right, along with the other instances where you have it wrong. You are making yourself look foolish if you don't.

23. Whispering Night profile image64

You are so right. I will not dare to argue about it and look foolish to every person in this world. Thank you.

24. Whispering Night profile image64

I am not going to stop ads from displaying in my page let the Hubpages take the whole money.

Right now I am using an egyptologist to translate their words.

I am so enjoying this thread this morning. Thank you, Sir Jesus Talks, for putting a smile on my face. I sincerely hope you manage to get your hubs published.

Chasmac, you are a star.

25. Whispering Night profile image64

Thank you so much raggededge.

26. AshutoshJoshi06 profile image81
    AshutoshJoshi06posted 6 years ago

Jesus Talks, which part of earth do you post from? I just happen to go through the discussion and I must say that was quite an entertainment. I do apologize though, I wasn't here for feedback.

Cheers and Good luck!!

27. Whispering Night profile image64

smile "It doesn't matter where you came from, what matters is who you choose to be". smile

"Refuse to be average. Let your heart soar as high as it will."
                                                                                  A. W. Tozer

Unfortunately that is exactly my point.   You may feel you have above average abilities in some aspects of your life BUT your ability in English is below average.  If you are unable to improve that, you cannot publish here.

28. Whispering Night profile image64

"Selfishness is the greatest curse of human race."

William E. Gladstone

Yes, I agree.

If HubPages agreed to your demands and published articles written in sub-standard English, the reputation of the site would suffer.   HubPages would earn less income and so would every other writer here. So by insisting they publish your work, you are selfish, because it would hurt other people.

29. Whispering Night profile image64

"You are far too smart to be the only thing standing in your way."

Jennifer J. Freeman

Again, you find a totally appropriate quote.

You've been told by several people that your problem is your poor English. So, your solution is obvious and easy.  Ask someone to go over your Hubs and correct the poor English.  Perhaps you could ask one of the distinguished writers whom you are speaking to?

If you do not do that, then you ARE the only thing standing in your way.

Gosh this is fun.

30. Whispering Night profile image64

"Know first who you are, and Then adorn yourself.........Accordingly"

Epictetus

yawn....

31. Whispering Night profile image64

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value."

Albert Einstein

32. Whispering Night profile image64

"A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and man cannot live without love"

Max Muller

Please stop - it looks like you are trying to bounce your thread. If you keep doing it, people will report you. You don't want to get banned, do you?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)