jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Two New Hubs Published, No Comments, why?

1. kenneth avery profile image81
    kenneth averyposted 2 months ago

I am not trying to make a big thing out of my questions and "please," do not chastise me for just asking "I published two hubs: "Rules For Prom Dating," and "So Long, Practical Jokers and Stressful Office Meetings," and I have yet to receive one comment.
    No. I am not self-centered. Just curious.
    One more query: Did "I" do something wrong with HP and they haven't had time to answer me?
    Just curious. Again.
    Sincerely, Kenneth

1. threekeys profile image85
      threekeysposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Hi Kenneth, I dont know why others havent responded with a comment. Maybe face to face life has taken over the virtual world. Sometimes for me I find a post seems complete and offering just a thankyou seems trite so I don't end up commenting at all.

kenneth averyposted 2 months ago in reply to this

@threekeys, okay. That makes sense. I understand this for I am still an old guy and an amateur when it comes to HP protocol.
        Thanks so much!

2. RoadMonkey profile image81
      RoadMonkeyposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Hi Kenneth, I have been busy, so I haven't commented as much as usual but when things calm down, I should be back to commenting. It has nothing to do with your hubs, as such.

3. Sherry Hewins profile image96
      Sherry Hewinsposted 2 months ago in reply to this

That does not seem unusual to me.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 months ago

The reason that occurs to me is the new guidelines about commenting.

As you know, HubPages now discourages us from leaving comments to congratulate or thank the Hubber.  Such comments can damage the Hub in the search engine results.  These days we are asked to make meaningful comments about the subject of the Hub.

Perhaps your followers find they can't think of anything meaningful to add to the Hub, either because it's already been covered or they know nothing about the topic?

@Marisa, perhaps. Thanks.

3. Fiddleman profile image82
    Fiddlemanposted 2 months ago

Good morning Kenneth, HP has changed a lot since I began writing articles. I rarely have more than two or three comments and those are from long time followers. I understand HP wants to make this a more professional site with articles that are meaty and have helpful information for the general public. As for the old Fiddleman and Cousin Fudd, I simply write for the enjoyment of it to share memories and other useless information bordering on the mundane. The venue has been fun for me and if anyone likes or comments, that is a bonus. Your articles are awesome.

@Fiddleman,
      I knew that HP had changed, but I did not know about what Marisa wrote about in above comment. Thanks to both. And I may just have to write, like you say, for enjoyment.
      And resort to focusing to write for, (gasp!) money.

working