jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Why don't Hubpages editors focus on searchable titles?

1. letstalkabouteduc profile image94
    letstalkabouteducposted 6 weeks ago

I've read time and time again how crucial it is to have a searchable title. Like many other writers, I've changed my titles quite a few times but haven't found success. Why don't the editors focus more on titles when they're reading hubs for niche sites?  I've only had one title changed among many.

1. Venkatachari M profile image84
      Venkatachari Mposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

This is a good point raised. You mean that our editors suggest good titles or even change them from their end.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image92
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

I have always struggled with titles, but after Robin pointed me to this website,

https://coschedule.com/headline-analyzer

I've been doing better with them.  I used to write first and title last, but now I do the opposite by using the info this site gives me.  It's free and helps quite a bit.  Sometimes the simplest change really makes a difference in view.  Give it a try.  You can play with it all you want and eventually you generally come up with a decent searchable title.

1. Jesse Drzal profile image86
        Jesse Drzalposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

Excellent pro tip. Thanks for sharing that.

2. letstalkabouteduc profile image94
        letstalkabouteducposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

Thank you. That's very much appreciated.

3. Titia profile image91
        Titiaposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

WOW  TT2, that's a very nice help to find better titles. I've already changed a few of my hub titles which showed a  low 30/40% to 70/80%
        Thanks for sharing the link. Now I'll just sit and wait till the views go up smile

2. Jesse Drzal profile image86
    Jesse Drzalposted 6 weeks ago

I've had some titles changed around for niche inclusion, I suspect for those reasons.

3. theraggededge profile image95
    theraggededgeposted 6 weeks ago

How about, we ask the editors to write the hub for us? Bet you hadn't thought of that?

Sorry smile

1. Jesse Drzal profile image86
      Jesse Drzalposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

Exactly! Write some nice SEO titles..come clean the litter box..what else can they help with?

working