jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Tips for Photographers of All Skill Levels

1. John Tuttle profile image81
    John Tuttleposted 13 days ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Tips for Photographers of All Skill Levels (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 13 days ago in reply to this

Your hub is good, however the links are preventing it from being published. Remove the links and it will be approved. People are quite capable of searching for the sites you mention.

Improve the layout. Use bullet points to make your tips clearer. Look at the paragraph beginning, "Those are some ideas for angle creativity..." All the points are mashed up in one big block. Spread them out and make them readable by using bullets or numbering. So...

1. Read the manual
      2. Experiment
      3. Search the internet.

Then you can expand on each one - either right there in the list, or below in separate paragraphs. Let the light in, so to speak.

I also think that the article could be longer. I like your tips for beginners, but, without getting too technical, maybe you could go into a little more detail about what equipment is necessary for a beginner? My son just bought his first DSLR last week and your article could have been useful to him.

Perhaps it might be a good idea to split out the tips for beginners and selling photos into two hubs? They are really two different topics.

Hope that helps.

2. Marketing Merit profile image85
      Marketing Meritposted 13 days ago in reply to this

Did you get the 'spammy elements' email John? If so, my guess would be that it is due to the Amazon capsule and all of the links that you have added to the end of the hub. You appear to have placed more emphasis on the selling of photos as opposed to the hub title.

I'm also unclear as to what tips you are providing. I would be inclined to number these so that the reader knows exactly what you are telling them and possibly re-write the title e.g. 10 tips for.... Additionally, your title may be too broad. Possibly, tips for beginners... would have more appeal than tips for all levels.

I would also be inclined to remove the border on the first photo and re-write your bio to give you more authority on the topic. You are allowed more than one bio so you can tailor this to suit your hub. Your readers are only going to be interested in your photography skills for this hub. If they want to learn more about you they will visit your profile.

The colours on your photos don't appear particularly vibrant and I would consider altering these too and making them more relevant.

I've not looked at grammar or spelling.

Hope this helps!

2. ketan pande profile image75
    ketan pandeposted 13 days ago

Try putting introduction capsule before the pic.

working