jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: 10 Underrated Bollywood Movies from 2000s You Must

1. nehanatu86 profile image82
    nehanatu86posted 3 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I posted a hub yesterday and received an email from the Hubpages team that my hub 10 Underrated Bollywood Movies from 2000s You Must Watch has the potential to get featured but isn't currently featured due one or more of the following reasons

1. It contains spammy elements - It does not have any spammy elements. Could you please check  and point out the spammy elements that the team might be referring to.
    2. It was written for a link, or has excessive products capsules or product capsules that are not directly related to the content - It does have a lot of product capsules. But each and every product capsule that I have added is directly linked to the content in the hub and has been backed by sufficient data. There is no random product capsule thrown in the hub.
    3. It fails to meet HubPages' general quality standards - Could you please help me understand what kind of quality standards does it fail to meet.
    4. The Hub may have been too short or underdeveloped - My hub has more that 1800 words & is well structured. I highly doubt if it can be categorized as short or underdeveloped
    5. Formatting issues, Broken or unrelated links, Significant grammatical errors - I have rechecked my hub for these issues and it doesn't.

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub 10 Underrated Bollywood Movies from 2000s You Must Watch. What can I do to improve?

Thanks!
    Neha

1. ketan pande profile image76
      ketan pandeposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Please proofread your article. There are many grammatical mistakes

2. theraggededge profile image95
      theraggededgeposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Hi there,

Remove every ampersand and replace with 'and'.

Don't italicise every name, title and significant word. You could leave the titles, but remove it from the names. It makes the text difficult to read.

You've cited IMDB as the source of your images, but IMDB is not the source. They got the images from somewhere, so you must make sure they are legal-to-use. They're probably fine, but be aware of lifting images from sites like that.

Reduce the number of Amazon capsules. They are the spammy elements. You should include two, at most. You could also include two Amazon text links and probably get away with it.

Be careful of phrases that are too close to other reviews. Avoid movie review cliches, "Harsh Mayar has delivered a flawless performance..." there are many examples of that particular sentence on the web. Try to make your writing sound less like an IMDB review and more like your own personal voice. What did *you* think of the movies? How were you emotionally affected? Make it more about you. People want your opinion, not some regurtitated, recycled, syrupy text.

Hope that helps.

1. nehanatu86 profile image82
        nehanatu86posted 3 months ago in reply to this

Hi Bev (theraggededge),

Those are some great tips!
        Thank you for taking time to go through my article and providing your valuable insights. I see your point, that definitely makes sense. I will get back to my hub and rework, keeping your suggestions in mind.

Appreciate your help on this one.
        Neha

2. nehanatu86 profile image82
        nehanatu86posted 3 months ago in reply to this

Hi Bev ((theraggededge),

I reworked on my hub following your suggestions. I have saved the edits. Do I need to unpublish and publish my hub again in order for it to be reviewed by the team?

Thanks for all your help!

1. theraggededge profile image95
          theraggededgeposted 3 months ago in reply to this

No, just click on the Done Editing button smile

working