jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (25 posts)

Fifty per cent increase in views

1. Will Apse profile image91
    Will Apseposted 5 days ago

According to Google analytics, I am seeing a fifty per cent uptick in traffic compared to previous wednesdays, mainly courtesy of Dengarden and Owlcation.

Anyone else basking in the benign glow of the great god Google's love?

1. Jesse Drzal profile image86
      Jesse Drzalposted 5 days ago in reply to this

Very exciting! I only have one Dengarden jam.. I will have to keep an eye on it now.

2. eugbug profile image93
      eugbugposted 5 days ago in reply to this

One of my hubs on Dengarden which had its views halved after "Fred", seems to be getting a steep increase in traffic over the last 5 days. Views are heading up to what they were pre March 10th.
      Maybe it's just that everyone's out and about doing gardening, DIY. home maintenance etc. For me, peak viewing last year was on 14th May. Maybe the increase in Owlcation views has something to do with students studying for exams at this time of the year?

3. NateB11 profile image91
      NateB11posted 5 days ago in reply to this

Yes, I'm definitely seeing a marked improvement. Happy about it to say the least.

2. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 5 days ago

For the folks that have been around for a while, we try and not get too excited or too down when algo updates move traffic. Starting two days ago, a pretty significant update started rolling out. This time it's very beneficial.

What we try and do is stay focused on our short and long-term strategy of helping people create and update content to be relevant and improve it for years to come.

1. Sherry Hewins profile image95
      Sherry Hewinsposted 4 days ago in reply to this

Thanks for letting us know that this is a site-wide improvement. At least we get some highs along with our lows. That's good advice not to get too emotionally vested in the fluctuations. Hopefully it all evens out in the end.

3. Will Apse profile image91

Everytime we get a boost like this we get more inbound links accruing and we are better fixed to survive a less favorable Google change. So up the slippery, jam-covered pole we go.

4. janshares profile image88
    jansharesposted 5 days ago

Everything's coming up roses, Fred is dead. big_smile

1. janshares profile image88
      jansharesposted 31 hours ago in reply to this

Just wanted to emphasize, everything's still coming up roses. smile

1. eugbug profile image93
        eugbugposted 27 hours ago in reply to this

Except CPMs....grumble grumble...sad

1. janshares profile image88
          jansharesposted 27 hours ago in reply to this

See below.

5. Will Apse profile image91

Are people seeing improvement across all the sites? I am not seeing much improvement on my pair of Delishably pages.

6. Glenn Stok profile image98
    Glenn Stokposted 5 days ago

I'm seeing a 33% increase, mostly due to TurboFuture and Owlcation.

1. Will Apse profile image91
      Will Apseposted 4 days ago in reply to this

I will admit that there are some random factors in the fifty per cent figure I gave. Like a few pages suddenly finding their feet, irrespective of Google changes, so thirty per cent might be closer to the overall figure. Not to be sniffed at, though.

7. lobobrandon profile image82
    lobobrandonposted 4 days ago

Overall traffic, when compared to last week, is 100% up. Earnings are following the same trend for once big_smile

For now:

Caloriebee has finally recovered
    Dengarden is doing amazing (Tomato season is helping, but the rankings have jumped a lot! Some terms from being on #4 since dengarden first went live are now #1).

1. Jean Bakula profile image94
      Jean Bakulaposted 4 days ago in reply to this

I see an upswing in traffic compared to last month.

Also, once a new piece gets moved to a niche site, it seems to me that it takes about 6 weeks to get "noticed." I think we need to hang in there. And summer does lessen traffic, people are out more.

2. Will Apse profile image91
      Will Apseposted 4 days ago in reply to this

Olwcation is seeing big rankings jumps too. Can't complain about 100 per cent, lol.

1. lobobrandon profile image82
        lobobrandonposted 4 days ago in reply to this

Haha me and my big mouth. It's at 90% now wink

1. viryabo profile image85
          viryaboposted 4 days ago in reply to this

Lol!

8. Dolores Monet profile image91
    Dolores Monetposted 4 days ago

I was so glad to see an upswing in traffic earlier today. Now, somehow, I had less visitors than I did 4 hours ago. Hmmmm.

9. Chriswillman90 profile image93
    Chriswillman90posted 27 hours ago

Views and CPMs are both up, CPMs have actually risen considerably since March/April.

10. lobobrandon profile image82
    lobobrandonposted 27 hours ago

CPM's way up here too.

11. eugbug profile image93
    eugbugposted 27 hours ago

Mine were 60% higher this time last year. 5 years ago, they were 100% to 200% higher. Am I missing something?

1. lobobrandon profile image82
      lobobrandonposted 16 hours ago in reply to this

Mine were 4 times this a few years ago. Right now we are comparing the CPMs with earlier this year and not the previous years.

1. Jan Saints profile image80
        Jan Saintsposted 6 minutes ago in reply to this

You mean yours is 1.25 or less? I'm asking this because I hear 5.00 is the maximum CPM!

working