jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: My Portraits

1. Charlino99 profile image85
    Charlino99posted 6 days ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub My Portraits. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image95
      theraggededgeposted 6 days ago in reply to this

I love them!

The problem is that you are self-promoting. HP is cracking down on that sort of thing. This really belongs on your own site, preferably broken up into your various styles. Alternatively, remove the whole bottom section and include your link on your profile.

Charlino99posted 6 days ago in reply to this

Thank you for your reply.  After taking care of my parents for the past few years, I haven't had a chance to be informed of all the changes.  My parents died around this time last year, and it has been the first time in a long time that I have been able to try to improve my hubs.  Recently  someone requested information about my work, and I decided to update on my portraits to help hp with traffic from my patrons.  Had no idea hp did not want anyone promoting their own work.  Thank you for taking time out to view my page, and letting me know about this.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 6 days ago

The pix are gorgeous - you do nice work.

However, since it seems that the purpose of your article is to advertise your portrait business, which is against Da Rules, it won't pass.

Charlino99posted 6 days ago in reply to this

Thank you for taking time out of your day to view my page and reply.  As mentioned before, I had no idea that hp wants no part of its writers to promote their own work.  Will remove my page within the next 48 hours, as I will be taking the whole thing to WordPress.  I had no idea that my portraits would be against HP rules, or that it may offend anyone.  Thank you again for your kind consideration.

1. theraggededge profile image95
        theraggededgeposted 6 days ago in reply to this

You don't have to remove the whole thing, just the promotional bit at the end. You could get away with a link to your site in one of the images. Your bio could mention the fact you are a professional portrait artist. There are ways of promoting your work if you are clever and subtle about it. The fact that you have a genuine skill 'for sale' is a plus, not a minus.

It would be a shame to delete the hub.

working