Where Do You Write Your Hubs? I need to find a new place! :)

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (32 posts)
  1. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

Well, I just found out that a project for work fell through because of lack of funding (what else is new? lol).

That being said, I am also officially done with my classes for the semester (YAY!) and have TONS of free time on my hands! I have a lot of catching up to do as I haven't published very many hubs the last few days because of finals; I got a little burnt out. (One final was 8 essay questions and one major essay...I had to write 15 freaking pages by hand in 3 hours!)

I thought it might be fun to write somewhere tomorrow other than my house.

Where are some places that you like to write? Inspire me!!!

1. profile image0
      Janettaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

15 pages?!?! holy flippin crap!!  Did your hand fall off? good greif, that is insane yikes

1. profile image0
        girly_girl09posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol it was so painful; I literally had a weird numb yet shooting pain from my elbow to the top of my fingers. I NEVER write by hand, especially that much. I type everything, even notes.

I told my prof that he probably wouldn't be able to read it all, but it was really good. wink

2. LondonGirl profile image82
      LondonGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Reminds me of my A levels - we had 3 or 4 3-hour long papers in each subject, and 3 of mine were really close together - I had a 3 hour English Lit (Shakespeare paper) one afternoon, a 3 hour History (mid-Tudor crisis, 1540 to 1560) paper the next morning, and a 3 hour Geography (glaciation, peri-glaciation, and plate tectonics) that same afternoon. Nearly killed me (-: Fortunately, the other 8 papers were a little more spread out.

2. CADarko profile image60
    CADarkoposted 14 years ago

I like to write in my gardens. The fresh air and fragances are inspiring. If I get writers block I take a break and work in the garden. Actually I do not consider it work as I get lost in thought - daydream if you will.

3. Everyday Miracles profile image85
    Everyday Miraclesposted 14 years ago

Art museums!

I find they are good for inspiration, particularly for poetry though. Really it depends on your interests (which are obviously quite varied).

Gosh, I need to try your popovers recipe, by the way! Been looking for a good one!

1. profile image0
      girly_girl09posted 14 years agoin reply to this

That would be a really fun place to write....very good idea! There are a few around here that could definitely be inspirational.

Let me know how you like the popovers, they're so easy and good! smile My mom told me she made them the other day but forgot she was out of milk by the time she had put the egg and flour in the blender lol. She used water, instead, and apparently they weren't too bad. So basic, yet delicious.

4. profile image0
    C. C. Riterposted 14 years ago

I do all of my writing in my library where I am alone with my Parrot and a pup or two and my many books and some art work. I can write any place, but this is my spot where I can be most creative, it is my room, my space.

5. Fishin' Cricket profile image69
    Fishin' Cricketposted 14 years ago

Next to the river, on my phone or laptop..  that or on the John.. it's where all the deep thinking is done anyway..  LOL

6. profile image0

On your phone? lol I love my blackberry but couldn't write too much stuff on there. (I do use it for writing down an idea for a hub if I'm away from the computer and email it to myself to write about later!)

I wish I could go to the ocean, lake or river to write. My current laptop battery lasts 45 mins. I could buy a new battery, but this laptop is on it's last two legs (its been through two political campaigns and now has a giant crack across half the screen lol). I'm thinking about buying one of those little mini computers because I bet they have a much better battery life.

7. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

My living room couch is my office and desk. If I need more room I use the coffee table.

I find most other settings too distracting. If I went to a museum, I would never get any work done.

8. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 14 years ago

In the bathroom is good, but my feet fall asleep after a while, or my laptop battery runs out.  Whichever comes first.  I'd plug it in - there is an outlet in there - but I'm afraid to sit so, uh, close to water with an electronic device plugged in, you know.  I mean, sure, I'm probably paranoid, but, I have these visions of electrocution like that and they come and find me tipped over, mooning the universe for all eternity (sort of) and, well, my laptop is probably broken from the fall, so I can't even leave it to anyone.  No dignity, and no laptop legacy.  Just tragic really. 

What were we talking about?

9. agvulpes profile image85
    agvulpesposted 14 years ago

In my shed/office, depending on who I'm talking to at the time. I can look out into the garden, or a clothes line full of clothes depending on the wind. ;-)

10. cindyvine profile image68
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

In my bedroom, in my study, in the lounge, at the dining room table, in my classroom at lunchtime, on a long train trip, wherever and whenever.  When I am on a roll with my book, then I use every available opportunity wherever I am, even in the back of a taxi.

11. ajcor profile image59
    ajcorposted 14 years ago

in the car when someone else is driving and the landscape whizzes by or on the front verandah in the sun...by water is even better.

12. cindyvine profile image68
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

am looking forward to the whole of July with nothing to do but write!

13. JamaGenee profile image77
    JamaGeneeposted 14 years ago

Mostly at my desk, but *any* place I can put pen to paper, like next to my favorite pond in the park.

14. Princessa profile image82
    Princessaposted 14 years ago

In my office, my bedroom, dining room.  At the "Cafe de la Place", this one is one of my favourites because I can sit there and have a look at the whole village's whereabouts -ok, at the end I don't get to write much, especially if it is near "aperitif" time but it is fun and less lonely smile

15. profile image0

Wow. Thanks guys for all the responses! I am definitely going to get out and explore and find a new place to write tomorrow. smile

16. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

My bed. Or on occasion, the lounge. Though whichever, I prefer to be alone smile

1. GeneriqueMedia profile image61
      GeneriqueMediaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Alone? You? Don't you hear voices? ;D Like vodka telling you to drink more of it?

Luv!

17. premsingh profile image59
    premsinghposted 14 years ago

I love to write anywhere, anytime using my Nokia E75 mobile that has become very handy and useful tool. I write whatever comes to my my mind and then transfer it to my laptop and do some research work on internet to substantiate. Some topics need privacy and some need no specific surroundings.

18. IslandVoice profile image68
    IslandVoiceposted 14 years ago

If we're traveling, that can be anywhere. But, i love writing at the beach, under a shady tree, with the sensurround symphony created by wind and ocean that provides the most soothing background  Weekdays, beaches in our area are not crowded, it's great!. Also, natures colors definitely provoke creativity.  At home, my workplace overlooks my garden where a pink bougainvillea vine has climbed my window. It never fails to 'relax' me.

19. K.D. Clement profile image69
    K.D. Clementposted 14 years ago

Little cafes where the staff doesn't mind if you spend an hour or two.  The park.  But mostly at home in my bedroom or on the computer...too busy with all of my little ones running about to do much else.

1. ajcor profile image59
      ajcorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

isn't that how j.k.rowlings of henry potter fame started out? a little cafe somewhere near her flat in Portugal?

20. GeneriqueMedia profile image61
    GeneriqueMediaposted 14 years ago

I write mine in many places...in my head on the couch, in my head at work, in my head in the shower (no peaking!) and then sit down in front of my computer that is located in my roomie's bedroom (for I've a couch suite.)

One of these days I want to get a laptop to replace the one that was stolen from me, but that would require money...or robbing a bank, but I'd probably feel too guilty of doing it and walk back in to give them the sack back.

G|M

21. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

Summer is comin up...snack n water pack n old-fashioned note pad lol n float around on the lake in the canoe or lay around in the forest somewhere big_smile I write stuff down in point form then research later smile

1. GeneriqueMedia profile image61
      GeneriqueMediaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Another great idea. smile I do this a lot too. I usually try to keep things in my head, though, so I give them a chance to mutate. Besides, if I can't find a pen...all I have to do is convince myself that what idea I just dreamed up wasn't good. ;D

G|M

22. Dame Scribe profile image56

Every idea is good, GM wink just branch off into a different tangent of the idea smile

23. GeneriqueMedia profile image61

Thanks for the encouragement. =P

This is what I do. Which explains my "thought bubbles" series. =P

24. Dame Scribe profile image56

I am either bubbly or a bubblehead lol lol

25. GeneriqueMedia profile image61

But its a pretty bubblehead. ;D

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)