jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

Hope for newbies

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13557648.png
    Here is a five year chart that shows the increases in views I've had since starting here at HP 5 1/2 years ago.  Keeping a chart like this is a good way for writers to track their progress.  Note that it has only been the last two years or so when views really picked up!  I spent a long time working for almost nothing, but I also spent that time learning what works and what doesn't.  I'm still learning,but obviously things have improved significantly since the beginning.  If you are struggling, have faith.  This can work for you as long as you are willing to learn and work.  I hope this helps.

1. Titia profile image92
      Titiaposted 2 months ago in reply to this

You should crop it to only the chart, because now it's not readable.

TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 months ago in reply to this

You can enlarge it by hitting your control button and scrolling your mouse towards you.

Sorry for the problem, but I'm not really good at this screen shot stuff. As I said...still learning!

1. Venkatachari M profile image84
          Venkatachari Mposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Sorry, unable to enlarge following your instructions.
          You can paste the screen shot on Paint tool and crop the image and then resize it to fit the screen and save it for posting here.

Here is an updated chart.  Let me know if you can read dthis
            https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13558685.jpg

1. Venkatachari M profile image84
              Venkatachari Mposted 2 months ago in reply to this

I am able to read it clearly in my mobile by enlarging it with my fingers. I don't know about desktop as no internet at this time.
              This is a very nice and useful chart prepared by you manually to keep track of the figures.

2. janshares profile image89
    jansharesposted 2 months ago

Thanks for sharing, TIMETRAVELER2. I love hopeful messages to encourage.

Well, Jan, I know what it feels like to be discouraged.  There have been some pretty tough times for me over the years.  I wanted people who are also having a rough ride to know that they can overcome adversity here if they work hard and keep learning.

1. janshares profile image89
        jansharesposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Absolutely.

3. Thelma Alberts profile image85
    Thelma Albertsposted 2 months ago

Thanks for the heads up TIMETRAVELER2 . I will do that as well if I have time.

I think it would be very interesting to see similar charts that other writers have worked up. We can't share incomes but we certainly can share page view histories!

working