Has anyone else checked blogs and internet sites?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (31 posts)
  1. Terrielynn1 profile image84
    Terrielynn1posted 6 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13504792_f520.jpg
    Hi, everyone you might want to check the internet for your work. I've now found 3 of my articles on Facebook sites, Pinterest and on a blog site. I am not sure I can post the name here. They seem to have stolen a few articles I have read on here. If you have medical or heal dove pages some have been copied to the blog on blog spot .com. m not sure how else to let people know. I hope that this is okay. They even used my photos.

1. profile image0
      Tamara Mooreposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Wow, even though there are Copyrights on them!

Terrielynn1posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yes. all from Healdove. Pictures Included. I have been writing different places for help all morning.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 years agoin reply to this

You need to file DMCA reports against every person who plagiarizes your work.  Often this will get them removed.  If this does not work, you can file a complaint with Google.

3. Terrielynn1 profile image84

Thank you very much to everyone for all the help. They have removed one already. I got a notice they are working on the other. and Pinterest has already removed 2. I hope everyone has a great day and thank you again for the help. now to get FaceBook to listen to me.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 6 years ago

Unfortunately, this is not a new phenomenon, it's been going on forever...

Thanks, Freddy. Is there some other way to report it. I sent them an email and warning in their comments and a message to Blogspot. Is there anything else. They took 4 of my articles. All from Healdove.

1. Marketing Merit profile image94
        Marketing Meritposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hi Terrielynn,

I note you say that you have sent a message to Blogspot, was this a DMCA notice?
        If not, you need to go here and file one: Blogger/Blogspot DMCA

Select the box that states you have a legal issue not mentioned above. On the next page, tick that you have found content that may violate your copyright and follow the process through.

As regards copyright infringements for other Hubbers, I would contact them via pm on their profile, rather than publicly post it on the forum.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for the help I have made complaints in a few places. they have others work on about 4 different sites.

3. Gina Welds-Hulse profile image90
    Gina Welds-Hulseposted 6 years ago

It has happened to me.  The article was copied word for word, which intrigued me because I write about chronic illnesses like lupus, which I have, and the person who copied it did not change a thing to reflect his or her own thoughts.  I did contact the "infringer." 

Someone else from Hubpages found my article and alerted me, so I was very grateful for that.

It's upsetting when I did all the work and they are also based on my life experience and family life. They even used the photo of me, that's how I found them. There is at least 4 I see from HubPages writers. Do I let them know by messages or can I put the names here?

1. profile image0
        Tamara Mooreposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Of course! I am so sorry! I still don't get how they can do this!

Hi Tamara, yes it is. thank you for the reply. They seem to have taken a few from different sites. It looks like they average 4 or more a day. To at least 3 different sites. Where they have attached advertising. I sent a message to Google and told them the name and that there is more than just mine there.

4. Oscarlites profile image68
    Oscarlitesposted 6 years ago

This is a blurr against Hubpages domain keepers.  People, Its important that you lsit yourself as "author" , and the date of publish, and also good to add
    "do not copy without owners permission".    if anyone sees my post somewhere else, and it not under my name please let me know. thanks

Hi, Oscar, I did all that and it happened anyway. If I see something I always try to let people know. There are so many on Pinterest I don't know how to let everyone know. They seem to like medical hubs and health. Their board is Healthy Life Here. People should look to see if anything is theirs.

5. VirginiaLynne profile image92
    VirginiaLynneposted 6 years ago

I have many of my articles copied on various sites.  It takes some effort to try to file a DMCA notice but I will do that for U.S. websites and generally have good success.  However, sometimes these are on Russian or Chinese or other international sites and you can email the person, but often nothing happens.

6. srsddn profile image90
    srsddnposted 6 years ago

Terrielynn, I faced it a couple of years back. I asked for help from other Hubbers. DMCA, could be one solution. But I remember someone advising me not to bother about it. The view was that it can trigger more of it and could be a never ending game. I still find that sign of copying by someone on my Hubs. But it happened only at that time and stopped later. But using the photographs is rather serious an issue.

7. Will Apse profile image87
    Will Apseposted 6 years ago

You really need to get rid of all copies or your pages could easily struggle to get traffic, especially if they are on hubpages.com rather than a niche site. Hubpages.com has low authority and is easily outranked by the plagiarists.

There is a page in the learning center about 'what to do if your page is copied'.

https://hubpageshelp.com/promotion/Lear … -complaint

I already did this they told me to file a DMCA report on the site they are found and thats what I did. But I believe they should be shut down their are so many copied peices there.

1. theraggededge profile image95
        theraggededgeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Go here: https://www.whois.com/whois/

Copy in the complete web address of the copyright infringer.

Find the webhost company/service.

Send the DMCA directly to them. You may have to go to the web host's own site to find a contact address.

You are far more likely to have success getting it taken down when you bypass the site owner and go straight for the jugular, so to speak.

Thank you, It's Wonderful to be in group where people are helpful. I went to the blogspot web host and filed z complaint there too. Maybe one of them will listen to me. I thought contact them first would be the kind thing to do. They have over 200,000 views so I thought they would care if they get too many complaints against them. I will remember next time to just go directly to the web host. thank you again.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
            Marisa Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

If the blog has "blogspot" in the name, then they don't have a webhost - they are on blogger.com.  That means their webhost is actually Google, and all you need to do is follow the instructions here:

https://support.google.com/legal/troubleshooter/1114905

Notice that when you get to the question "What can we help you with?", you need to pick "I have a legal issue that is not mentioned above" - then you select "I have found content that may violate my copyright" on the next list.

Google will make the blog owner remove your content.   If enough people complain, they will close down the whole blog and possibly ban the person.  So it is definitely worth doing.

Hi Marisa, Thank you that is vey helpful. I'll definatly go there. I thought they finally removed 2 and now the site has 2 more. I didn't know there was a difference. I learn something new everyday. Thank you all for the help. I didn't know there were so many ways to find and try to stop someone. have a great day everyone.

8. Kierstin Gunsberg profile image94
    Kierstin Gunsbergposted 6 years ago

Terrielynn, when you say that you are finding your articles on Facebook and Pinterest, are these articles leading back to your own sites or are they leading to sites where another person is assuming authorship?

If these articles posted on Facebook and Pinterest are leading back to your own site then this is good for you because you receive the ad revenue. I have many of my articles shared on Pinterest and Facebook and derive a lot of my traffic from those sources. Could you post a link to one of the articles so I can see if it's plagiarized or if it's a link back to your domain?

Kierstin, they are not leading back to mine. like I said they take you to thier blog spotsite. I see others from here copied too and let hupges know. The majority copied are niche sites not my hubpages. But there are others there that even have the Hubpages Name instead of a photo and they go to the blog spot too. Their web page is attached to many articles that lead back to the  blog. I will go get a link and show you how they have it.

You go to pintrest then go to this link,https://www.pinterest.com/pin/361554676320441328/  Then click visit button and it takes you too thier blog.

Here is where it takes you to http://healthylife-here.blogspot[dot]ca/2016/12/type-2-diabetes-getting-your-hba1c.html . I have 4 of mine so far and at least 4 to 5 of others do the same thing. The name on the Pinteret page is Healthy Life Here. They seem to change one word in the sentence and take the whole Article. Here is the other one that is still there after warning and complaint. http://healthylife-here.blogspot[dot]com/2016/10/advancements-in-tracking-and-treating.html . I hope they can fix it.

9. Kierstin Gunsberg profile image94
    Kierstin Gunsbergposted 6 years ago

Wow, that is super blatant!! I'm so sorry that happened. I also notice this blog has a Facebook page. Maybe we could all report the page to Facebook.

Yes, I think thats the only way they will stop. they are making money off of alot of people. all there work go to the blogspot site. bith pinterest and facebook.

10. Nell Rose profile image89
    Nell Roseposted 6 years ago

I have at least 30 copied hubs. I have tried and tried to get them removed. some have gone, only to be replaced a few days later by another site! it just makes me so mad!

Nell that would be very frustrating. I think I've done all I can and now i wait to see what happens.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)