jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (21 posts)

Updating Images on Hubs

1. sallybea profile image98
    sallybeaposted 7 weeks ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13559616_f520.jpg
    I wonder how many people regularly add fresh images to their pages!  Perhaps these are just as important as renewing the text.  What a difference an image makes.

1. Will Apse profile image90
      Will Apseposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

When I update, I change as many images as I can and add any new ones that are relevant. I see images as being just as important as text, for both freshness and improved reader appeal.

If you can take your own images, great. If you can get public domain images, edit them to suit your needs and it will also make them original in the eyes of search engines.

sallybeaposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

Definitely beneficial, my traffic has improved vastly as a result and HubPages staff have seen fit to snip and make changes to this hub. I would say it is as important to update images as it is to change the text.

2. chef-de-jour profile image90
      chef-de-jourposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

That is some felt hat, a gorgeous mix of blended pastel with a hint of dark cloud looming. I'd wager there's no other image like that on t'internet! A search engne's dream.

Will Apseposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

They wear them to church in Cornwall.

The people in Cornwall must have good taste:)

2. sallybea profile image98

chef-de-jour, that is one of the nicest compliments I have received.  There is only one hat like this and I am proud to say that I made it:)  I am the photographer too so that makes me doubly proud.  The hours I have spent learning my craft have been repaid.in full measure.  Thank you so much!

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image91
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

I do updating when I find an image that needs improvement, which is often.  However, I rarely update all of the images that appear in any given article.

Not all hubs are easy to improve and I am sure not many of yours need improvement:)

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image91
          TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

Oh, you'd be surprised!  I update quite a bit!

4. kenneth avery profile image82
      kenneth averyposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

@smile sallybea, what a refreshing (no pun intended) idea. Thanks so much. I believe that I will try this. And have a peaceful night.

Always good to hear from you Kenneth, you have a peaceful night too.

2. srsddn profile image88
    srsddnposted 7 weeks ago

Great idea! I need to try it. I would, initially, try only if a better substitute is available. It may not be feasible in all cases. Thanks for your suggestion.

You are very welcome.  I was always told that just a slight change to either words or text means Google has to refresh the material and that can only mean that even a small change will make a difference.

3. Titia profile image92
    Titiaposted 6 weeks ago

I often change photos when updating hubs. I almost always use my own photos and if not I try to find better ones. I had a tendency of showing too many photos, so I'm taking a lot of them down.

Will Apseposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

As long as the images are relevant and add to a reader's understanding of the subject matter, I don't think that you can have too many.

Pointless prettification of a page is not going to help.

It is often the picture which draws me in and if my own traffic is an example I would say that my traffic has improved since making these changes.  The images are definitely part of the subject matter, they are the original item photographed in a different way.

4. profile image0
    TheWritingHubposted 6 weeks ago

This is brilliant, I will have to start using gifs more intentionally as  "content" on my website.  Thx.

You are welcome.  Can't see why it would not work.

5. Kierstin Gunsberg profile image97
    Kierstin Gunsbergposted 6 weeks ago

Hey Sally! This is one of my regular "maintenance" tasks for my published hubs smile

Good on you, I am sure it pays off, well, I like to think so.

working