jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Flashing Ads- Who wouldn't block these things?

1. Will Apse profile image90
    Will Apseposted 7 years ago

Not so long ago I saw a forum comment on adblocking software. Apparently nearly 50 million firefox users have an add-on to block ads.

Today, a lot of my hubs have flashing ads- those neon nightmares. If I see a page with those things I just close the page immediately and find one without them.

Is hubpages trying to drive away our users?

I mean, most people now have the ability to block ads and hubpages are giving them every reason to.

Am I the only person who thinks the management have lost their way?

2. dishyum profile image60
    dishyumposted 7 years ago

Are they google ads? If so, we have no control on them smile

3. Mrvoodoo profile image61
    Mrvoodooposted 7 years ago

You have to block ads you don't want to appear on your pages yourself within Adsense using the competitive ad filter.

This might help:

http://hubpages.com/_1yze1gg3p11lr/hub/ … -ad-filter

4. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 7 years ago

Why do you think Hubpages has lost its way?  I see you have only recently signed up, but just to let you know Hubpages has always made revenue through an ad based set-up.  I write for several other websites that do the same thing, and many, many do these days.  If you do not like ads put on the blocker, but why are you worried about how Hubpages monetizes itself?  No, I do not think Hubpages has lost its way, and if anything the website is growing and evolving each day.