jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

What have we become today?

1. Whispering Night profile image79
    Whispering Nightposted 6 weeks ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13566479.jpg
    We are slowly turning into a machine inside our head we are losing the purity and beauty that our great ancestors had. How long we live like this like a prisoner trapped in a mechanical world. What the future generation from now onwards live like. Are we forgetting love, compassion, and humanity? The simple joys that fascinated our ancestors and captivated their imagination. Are we getting replaced for a machine? How long we have to live like this?

1. profile image0
      TheWritingHubposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

Perhaps a healthier question is, what are you going to do to change this?  Shine your light smile

2. anilu profile image78
      aniluposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

Hi,
      I personally think that the human being, surrounded by so many technology is losing something of humanity, and perhaps of goals and dreams. I'm not saying that technology is bad, on the contrary, it has helped us a lot, but it has also made us rely on it. Our interaction with the world around us, the people we love or even our pets, is affected by spending hours in front of a phone or laptop. We don't dream and have goals bacause we don't give us the time to create them. I think we need wake up

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image86
        Kathryn L Hillposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

We need to wake back up. smile The question is why have we fallen asleep?
        The answer is too little liberty ... which is strange to say in a "free" country!

2. Whispering Night profile image79
    Whispering Nightposted 6 weeks ago

Yes. My mind is crystal clear. I see the world the way God created it. Borrowing simplicity from our ancestors and understanding the way they lived. Listening to classic music can take you back in time. During olden days musicians composed music for nature. That's why we feel bright and pure when experiencing music from another century. I read a lot about history and imagine in my mind how people lived during their time. We can see such innocence only in a child eyes who yet to know the reality of today's world. Our mind is composed of different emotions in the modern world our emotions becomes ripe and we experience stress. Just go to a garden filled with trees you will experience total tranquility then you feel the presence of God.

1. profile image0
      TheWritingHubposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

Great, sounds like you just tapped into a passion smile.  Thanks for sharing your message, i've been feeling a similar way.

3. Sherry Hewins profile image95
    Sherry Hewinsposted 2 weeks ago

No! We are the same! Why do you think you are turning into a machine? I am not. We are both using a computer to communicate our feelings. Why is that different from using parchment and a quill pen? Those were once technological advances too!

4. Whispering Night profile image79
    Whispering Nightposted 2 weeks ago

When I think of future generation I believe they will lead a life very different from us

5. poppyr profile image90
    poppyrposted 2 weeks ago

I'm sure the people before us felt the same way. Funny thing about humans is that we always think the times before us were better and future generations are worse.

6. Kathryn L Hill profile image86
    Kathryn L Hillposted 2 weeks ago

We are much more dependent on inventions designed to make our lives easier. We are becoming mentally and physically indolent. Laziness is probably the biggest challenge we have to face. Can we face it?

For instance, we need to consciously limit the amount of time children spend on computer screens,  but public schools expect kindergartners to spend a certain amount of time on computers. Elementary school kids are doing their homework on computers.  They are also playing games and becoming addicted to screen activities. Will they learn to amuse themselves, find and follow their own interests, develop their imaginations and the ability to interact face to face with each other in the real/natural world?

Kids do not need to learn anything via computers until they have mastered the concrete skills of reading, writing (by hand) and arithmetic. Probably around fourteen.

Who will listen and heed this advice?
    No one. sad

working