The Hub Challenge: 100 Hubs in 30 Days -- are you in?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 684 discussions (1064 posts)
  1. Ryan Hupfer profile image60
    Ryan Hupferposted 14 years ago

http://hubpages.com/u/1091663.gif

Yep, I'm going to be writing 100 Hubs in 30 days starting next Monday, May 11th. This might sound a little crazy (because it is), but I promise that I have a somewhat logical reason for doing it.

So here's the story --

Yesterday I was surfing around the web, looking at some blogs that have been mentioning HubPages and after I looked at a few that really didn't keep my attention, I landed on one that had me hooked instantly. The blog was called The Keyword Academy and the post was called New Make Money Experiment - 100 Hubs In 30 Days. I won't bore you with too many details, but basically the guy who wrote it initially tried to write some marketing Hubs that ended up earning him some money, which made him give HubPages a second look.

Well, this second look convinced him that he could make money on HubPages and he has decided to try a new experiment where he will create 100 Hubs in 30 days to see what the earning potential on HubPages really is. Here's a quote from his post:

After I read his experiment that he was planning on doing I posted a comment to his that said I'd like to do knock out 100 Hubs in 30 days, too and challenged him to see who could earn the most after the 100 Hubs were published. He accepted, we emailed back and forth a few times and now it's official -- we're going head to head for 30 days starting on Monday! I know, 100 Hubs in 30 days is crazy, but it will give us a great way to really see the potential of HubPages and hopefully it will be fun for all of you to keep up with, too. Well, that is, unless you want to do join the Hub Challenge, too. smile

If you would like to join (which many of his blog readers are), you can either get really crazy with us and post 100 Hubs in 30 Days, or you can take it a little easier and post 30 Hubs in the 30 days, which is still quite an accomplishment. I know that Everyday Miracles is joining in (she aid so on Twitter), so I've got at least one Hubber who is stepping it up!

If you do want to join in, here are 3 simple things that I want to please ask you to do during the 30 days:

1. If you Tweet info about your progress with the Hub Challenge could you please use the #HubChallenge hashtag after each of your tweets so that we can keep an eye on what everyone's up to and how their challenge is going. Also, you can follow HubPages on Twitter here for overall challenge updates: http://twitter.com/HubPagesDOTcom

2. Once you start writing your Hubs, please add a 'HubChallenge' tag to any Hub that you're writing for your 30 Day Hub Challenge so that we can do some cool reporting and analysis on the Hubs that we're all writing during our 30 days.

3. Write a blog and let all of your friends know that you're crazy enough to accept the challenge and be sure to use one of these images below whenever you post something. smile

http://hubpages.com/u/1092215.gif

http://hubpages.com/u/1103783.gif

http://hubpages.com/u/1092216.gif

http://hubpages.com/u/1103782.gif

Here are a few awesome Hubbers who have already written about how crazy they are:

If you want to join in on the Hub Challenge, let me know and get to thinking about what you're going to start writing about on Monday! (I may need your help with topics, too.) smile

1. profile image0
      mdawson17posted 14 years agoin reply to this
      1. Cygstarz profile image68
        Cygstarzposted 14 years agoin reply to this

1 per day is so out of my range. But for the heck of it, I'll shoot for 2-3 per week. Maybe I'll surprise myself. Thanks Court and Ryan for cranking out this challenge.

Ryan Hupferposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey, you've got to start somewhere...this is WAY out of my range, too (as with most of us), but I think that we sometimes need to really push ourselves a bit to really see what we're made of. smile

At least that's what I'm saying now -- talk to me in 15 days. haha

2. Sandra James profile image57
          Sandra Jamesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes I am game for the same. I will be creating 100 hubs in 30 days beginning May 11th.

Awesome!! You should add a profile pic while you're at it, too! smile

3. Lwelch profile image82
          Lwelchposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sure, I will give it a shot - not sure I will have the sanity to do 30 as I have only done 9 in my 5 months here, but, what the heck! I know I can get 30 topics out of the mostly health arena that I am already working on.

4. smallcomforts profile image60
          smallcomfortsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Count me in for at least 30 hubs....wish me luck!

Yeeee haw! smile

5. FatFighter profile image60
          FatFighterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Holy Cow - you ARE nuts! I will try for 30, but it may end up being a bit less. smile

6. profile image0
          rondaclaireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm going to try for 100.

Poverty
          Depression
          "Is he or isn't he" interested?

:smile

This could be interesting. Thanks for the challenge!

That's what I'm talking about!

You need to post this somewhere you crazy, deranged fool! haha

7. lotuslove19 profile image70
          lotuslove19posted 14 years agoin reply to this
        8. irukandji profile image59
          irukandjiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Excellent Idea. Read about this on Mark's site and I'm definitely going to give it a try. A bit off topic, but where did you get your headers made and find the font for the headers. I love them.

Cheers,
          Paul.

9. Claudia Adães profile image59
          Claudia Adãesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi,
          This is a wonderful way to organize my ideas and share them with you all. We all need someone or something to make us act.
          Thank you.

Claudia Adães

10. Army Infantry Mom profile image62
          Army Infantry Momposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm in,..what better way to pass time untill my son comes home from Afghanistan,..hes got a little over a month left.

11. Andi Dulude profile image59
          Andi Duludeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like fun - I'm in for the full 100!

12. Arifakhan profile image59
          Arifakhanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am game. Count me in for 30 hubs in 30 days

13. infoperc profile image60
          infopercposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'd like to give it my best. Here's the blog post you mentioned, for starters http://100hubschallenge.wordpress.com/2 … n-30-days/

14. itsArt profile image53
          itsArtposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm game!

15. salt profile image60
          saltposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Id love to give it a go. I might even get someone to read one of my hubs and may as well make it a make or break - thankyou for the challenge. It will be great fun.

16. Haunty profile image72
          Hauntyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi, I'm in for that 100.

17. dotchianni profile image59
          dotchianniposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow, I have been working so much that I haven't been on here for awhile. I'll do the 30 in 30 days. That should be fun to try.

18. profile image0
          madhouse101posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm in too!

I'm brand new to HubPages but am very interested
          to see if I can really make money with Google Adsense.

My only questions are:

1. How would my hub look if I tage the #HubChallenge to it?

&

2. How does my hub get posted online and how do
          I get people to click on Adsense ads while reading my Hub?

& Finally.. Do I need to log into Google AdSense and copy code to paste into my Hub or do I need to add an Adsense link from the Hub Creator?

Please let me know! I will do 30!

Marshall

Hey Marshall -- welcome to HubPages!

Here are some aswers to your questions:

1. You Hub will look the same if you tag 'HubChallenge' within it, except for the fact that there will be one other tag included in it's sidebar. Nothing to be worried about if that's what you're asking.

2. You post your Hub online by publishing it after you add all of your content and other elements to it.

It sounds like you need an overview of what HubPages is and how it works, so I would suggest that you give our guide a read: http://HubPages.com/guide/ and see if that can answer some of your questions.

19. CharCoburn profile image60
          CharCoburnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I posted my first Hub on Friday, the 8th and am ready and willing to go for at least 30 in 30. Sounds like fun and a great way to get going.

20. roastedpinebark profile image61
          roastedpinebarkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'll go for 100 in 30, I graduate next week so I've got a little time on my hands big_smile

21. rhiworks profile image60
          rhiworksposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am giving it a short. Lets see what happens smile

22. aliceone profile image61
          aliceoneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'll give it a shot.

23. profile image0
          danmayerisgodposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I might be a little late to the party on this, but I'm going to join the challenge. Here's my profile:

http://hubpages.com/profile/danmayerisgod

And my blog where I posted about this:

http://danmayerisgod.blogspot.com/

Good luck, everyone. And wish me the same.

24. melbel profile image95
          melbelposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm, that sounds like a really cool idea. I should try this out. I don't know if I can do all that in a month, but I could definitely try it out! Thanks for sharing this idea!

25. su stella profile image60
          su stellaposted 14 years agoin reply to this
          1. Will Apse profile image88
            Will Apseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This frenzy worries me. Is Hubpages on its knees and no one wants to admit it? Or is management trying to redirect all that energy of social hubbing to a useful end?

I am also worried for the Internet with this torrent of hubs. Does nobody care that we are running out of silicon? Yes, silicon. I read it somewhere.

26. doctorjay profile image58
          doctorjayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just added my fifteenth hub (since Monday). It's mt favorite one:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Tale-of-the-two … -engineers

27. Megan Kirby profile image59
          Megan Kirbyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm coming back to HubPages just for the challenge! 100 in less than 30 days since I'm getting started late!

28. wealthydavid profile image59
          wealthydavidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hello,

this is going to be a great challenge. not for the money but for tenacity and focus..

i'm in

29. Keliko808 profile image62
          Keliko808posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'll join in,

100 in 30 days or as close as I can get smile

30. profile image0
          vinsanityposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am for sure in. Already about 5 hubs in 3 days.

2. AEvans profile image73
        AEvansposted 14 years ago

Ryan,
        I am game count me in!! How exciting and will start on Monday.smile
        FYI I will write 30.smile

WOOOOOO WHOOOO!!!!

This will be awesome -- you understand the stuff about tagging your Hubs with 'HubChallenge', right? Also, are you on Twitter?

Oh, one other thing -- to be fair for my challenge I'm going to be creating a new, anonymous account so that we both can start from scratch. I'll be updating all of your with both of our stats all along the way, but we just want to create a situation that wold be similar to any new Hubber that starts writing on HubPages.

Should be a great case study after we're done.

Oh, GeneriqueMedia is in, too! smile

1. profile image48
            badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I will match the lady AEvans with 30 as well !

2. Single Mama profile image67
            Single Mamaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

can't wait to see what you post...

2. Reg Brittain profile image60
          Reg Brittainposted 14 years ago

IN!

As you know Ryan, I've been threatening to go "all Hub crazy".  Now's the time to do it!

Thank you for putting this together.

--Reg

big_smile

PS: It's a perfect way to lead up to my birthday -- June 11.  HA!

3. Everyday Miracles profile image85
          Everyday Miraclesposted 14 years ago

AEvans, he's been keeping us up to date on twitter all day big_smile

I think I can do 100, Ryan. I'm hoping so. It will be very interesting to see what comes of this in terms of earnings. I'm trying now to target my hubs to areas where I think I can get more SE traffic.

One thing I want to note though: For some of us this will mean shorter, more concise hubs. That might factor into the ultimate results of the experiment, and Court needs to know it too.

I'm focusing on keywords and hubs/articles that have proven themselves (My Husband's Second Wife is a good earner, as is Venomous Snakes of North America).

I can't wait to see what happens!

1. spy_mas_ter profile image59
            spy_mas_terposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Obviously the news about what happened to squidoo.com never made it to hubpages. I think you are playing with fire, especially since the whole core of this challenge revolves around making money. Too many articles with too many affiliate links = spam as far as Google is concerned. That's what happened with squidoo, and now articles from their site very rarely make it to the serp's, if ever. I also think the quality of the hubs will suffer for the most part during this time because the challenge focuses on quantity rather than quality. Count me out and don't say I didn't warn you!

1. Whitney05 profile image82
              Whitney05posted 14 years agoin reply to this

No one ever said that these hubs would have loads of affiliate links in them... I was never profitable with Squidoo, even with similar topics as my hubs, so I found not much point in it anyway. I could never find my lenses in searches unless I searched the full title. I think the quality versus quantity bit has been touched on and everyone seems to agree quality is better, and no one said they'd let quality suffer, but it is a big risk.

During the last contest that HP did, TONS of extra hubs were added to the site, and search engines have yet to penalize anyone bc of probably thousands of hubs published in that month period.

1. Julie-Ann Amos profile image65
                Julie-Ann Amosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That presupposes we will add affiliate links, soemthing I've never done anyway

2. darkside profile image64
              darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually, a large part of the problem was duplication.

And duplication + affiliate links see a hub quickly unpublished here.

2. doctorjay profile image58
            doctorjayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OK I'm in too.

I just posted my first HubPage in the series:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Dangers-of-self-reference

- only 99 more to go.

I did have a problem getting the gif file to show.

I also wrote about the challenge here:
            http://webpromotools.wordpress.com/2009 … challenge/

4. Mark Knowles profile image58
          Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

You can count me in too big_smile

100 hubs in 30 days? Easy peasy. Not......... ideas on a postcard please..... lol

1. AEvans profile image73
            AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mark I second that , I am only committing to 30 big_smile

2. privateye2500 profile image41
            privateye2500posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I Agree - NOT!  The web is already full of crap and you-Hubpages- are only asking for MORE crap by doing this!!

Wow - I cannot belive it actually!

It is tough enough to write high quality hubs and harder still to get high marks.  What you are asking for here is going to end up a disater IMO.

Melanie

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
              Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Gee, thanks. Most of us are not writing crap... Are you saying if you contributed that you would be writing crap?

1. privateye2500 profile image41
                privateye2500posted 14 years agoin reply to this

NO NO NO!!!!  What I Am SAYING is that it takes a lot of TIME (key word) and thought to write a quality hub and this is asking for TOO MUCH.

Howcan you not see that?  I have written quite a few hubs - I put a LOT into them - I could never have done this work with that sort of extremely SHORT time restraint!

1. Whitney05 profile image82
                  Whitney05posted 14 years agoin reply to this

There is a short time frame for a larger number of hubs, but many productive hubbers actually produce about 15-25 quality pieces a month, so for those hubbers it's not that big of a stretch. I have produced 14 so far (plus about 6 hubs I published this month before the challenge was presented), and I have 4 completed ones sitting unpublished to publish tomorrow, and I wouldn't say that they are low quality. I did have to spend a little bit of time on them; not to mention the dog history one and the 4 dog ones that I'll publish tomorrow.

Now, I will admit, I have seen some lower quality hubs already published for the challenge with about 400 words and the general hub challenge banner or no picture at all, but that's a small portion of what has been written.

I mean, even some of the lower word count hubs that have been published for the challenge have been of good topics and written nicely, making them more than low quality crap.

It's not that hard to throw several paragraphs onto a page and a picture or two or just an affiliate capsule. I wouldn't necessarily say that's quality stuff. It's all in aesthetics and how you present the topic.

The point of the challenge is to challenge yourself to write quality stuff with a nice layout that is pleasing to look at and will keep you reading.

2. Reg Brittain profile image60
              Reg Brittainposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I certainly see why one might share your opinion on the Hub Challenge, Melanie, but anyone who considers who are the challenge's original contenders -- Hup and Court -- and tries to turn out hubs based upon the examples they set -- Hup with his Hup Challenge handle hubs, and Court with his website, TheKeywordAcademy.com -- will more likely turn out useful hubs than crap.

I am personally researching a lot, and beginning to wonder if I'll actually make 100.  Along the way, I'm sure I'll publish something that is not crap -- if it's only one hub amidst a sea of (well, you get the image).

I am tremendously glad Ryan set this up.  Thank you, Hup!

To fellow participants, I think my next challenge hub is going to benefit a great deal from Paul Edmondson's hub on niche research. 

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Find-a-Niche

I'm glad I found it this morning.

Good luck all!

--Reg

3. profile image0
              ysdataposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Melanie I have release day 5 video of "Diary of a Mad Hubber" early -- just for you.  Please provide your feedback. http://hubpages.com/hub/Diary-Of-A-Mad- … You-Part-2

5. Everyday Miracles profile image85

Ryan, should we ALL create anonymous accounts or not?

Mark, whether they earn well or not your recipes are awesome though! Would that work?

1. jamestedmondson profile image59
            jamestedmondsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't think anonymous accounts for everybody is a great idea.
            Wouldn't you want your current HubScore to benefit from your hard work?
            Just my two cents.

1. Everyday Miracles profile image85
              Everyday Miraclesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good point. Because I wouldn't have time to write anything under this account lol

2. Mark Knowles profile image58
            Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you - they will probably feature a little. But I will probably be going with a few higher earning subjects.....

3. Ryan Hupfer profile image60

No, definitely not -- you should use the benefit of your current account as a way to boost your earnings even more.

I'm doing it this way because it's the way that Court wants to do  it on his end and I'd like to have a case study that I could use for showing HubPages true potential for new Hubbers.

Also, I think that it will be interesting to see how it affects a HubPages veteran, too. This is going to be so awesome as long as we all make it through the 30 days. smile

1. hudsonliberty profile image61
              hudsonlibertyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

As far as hubpages being a superior method of getting google page ranking you just have to do a search on "Black Folks Guide To Making Big Money On the Internet" I dominated the Google front page in under 18 hours. So I agree that one should build around their current account. It also will give some ideal as to which brings the most traffic sticking to a niche or diversity in subject matter. It will also give a gauge at how deep a person can go into one's field.

6. Uninvited Writer profile image80
          Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Dare I attempt it? It means I'll have to put all my other writing on hold...

What the heck, I'll definitely attempt it smile

1. Reg Brittain profile image60
            Reg Brittainposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Same here.  It's worth it for the lesson in recurring Adsense, and Adsense growth.

It will be totally worth it...and we're all in this together!

We're like these 3 Musketeers, except we're not dogs and there's way more than 3 of us. smile

http://kecute.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/the-three-musketeers.jpg

YEAH!

2. Ryan Hupfer profile image60

Ahhhhh, yeah!

Watch out, Internet. smile

7. Reg Brittain profile image60

PPS: I've checked out Court's blog a couple times.  I'm glad he now believes there's a ton to be made in Adsense via HubPages.  This Challenge should surely show us all the way.

8. profile image0
          C. C. Riterposted 14 years ago

Boy can I smell the smoke rising from this one. good luck all you fine peoples, count me out. LOL

1. K.D. Clement profile image69
            K.D. Clementposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would love to give it a try but I am afraid it would end up the same for me as Nanowrimo---not enough hours in the day to get it done.

Ahhh, come on C.C. -- you can do 30 in 30, can't you?

It's all about the multitasking, right? smile

http://www.wired.com/images/howto/hw_multitask_250.jpg

1. GeneriqueMedia profile image62
              GeneriqueMediaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

oh my god...that just made jagermeister come out of my nose.

Wait, I mean...water.

2. profile image0
              C. C. Riterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I could do it easy enough if I wasn't committed to some other things this time of year, but I'm concerned of the quality. LOL Let me sleep on it because I have several already in the works and many more in my heart. It would be fun. thanks

1. Everyday Miracles profile image85
                Everyday Miraclesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you about the quality, C.C. That was something I mentioned on Twitter. I don't like super-short hubs and I feel like this forces it. But the one I just published today took me less than an hour and it's over 1000 words and I am happy with the quality. It can be done, if the subject is chosen properly!

9. GeneriqueMedia profile image62
          GeneriqueMediaposted 14 years ago

Unfortunately I can't go through that kinda stress. But I had my time traveling alien friend lxxy sign up to take the challenge for me.

I'm sure they'll suffice. smile

10. Rockwell Fitness profile image57
          Rockwell Fitnessposted 14 years ago

I am always up for a challenge...I am down for 100 HUBS...

Team Hubbers vs. The Cyber World...

Hubbers, what we do here, will echo for all Hubpages Eternity.....

1. Rockwell Fitness profile image57
            Rockwell Fitnessposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was on pace for 75 this month... I wanted to take over the cyber world.... I set my goals high....

Ryan,
            You need to really formalize this.. Get all the hubbers doing it and make a grand stink about it all..
            TEAM HUBBERS UNITE....
            HUBBERS MOUNT UP....
            HUB 100 Club

HP now has an official coach. smile

2. MellasViews profile image78
            MellasViewsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Im going to give it a try as well. Although I submitt slowly, I think the challenge alone will motivate me. Oh yeah... I dont have twitter though, but do understand the tagging thing you mentioned. I hope I do anyway. lol ; )

11. Everyday Miracles profile image85

it will definitely make a HubPages boom, won't it!

yep, we're taking over the internets.

2. mandybeau profile image60
            mandybeauposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am interested but won't it create a pile of Hubs even more trivial than my own in, an attenmpt to make the figures
            mandy

3. profile image53
            chasingdreamsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I love all things Greek, and I studdied the Greek language. This is handy now as I live in Cyprus.
            When my husband was made redundant we opted out in an old VW camper, and went 'chasing dreams in Lefkas.' Our veried experiences made me write a book so that other dreamers can enjoy 'it all' without suffering the hardships.
            Diane Griffith

12. profile image0
          Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

I had already decided to write 50 hubs in the month of May. So I'll just keep on keepin on. But I think this is a great idea.

Wow, you were already a crazy Hubber, eh? smile

haha

Well, can you do us a favor and tage your Hubs starting on Monday with 'HubChallenge'? I mean, that is if you want to play along, too.

1. profile image0
              Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Heck, I'm in for the 100. why not. and yes I'll tweet and tag. But I'll be on the forums a lot, lot less.

We'll miss you. sad

13. Uninvited Writer profile image80

This could become a yearly thing like Nanowrimo...

Thankfully, there is a long weekend coming up here.

14. Reg Brittain profile image60

Hi Ryan,

Will you be posting tips for keyword optimization/SEO?

I was thinking maybe of joining Court's Keyword Crash Course on his site. (A nice little side benefit for him of putting on this challenge -- more members to his site.)

Thoughts?

--Reg

big_smile

15. Everyday Miracles profile image85

Are we playing this as teams, Ryan? Us vs. them? LOL

16. Everyday Miracles profile image85

Who are you on twitter, Nelle? I don't think I have you, and if I did, I lost you when my account went boom sad

17. adjunct profile image59
          adjunctposted 14 years ago

I think this a great idea! I'm in for the 100.

Thanks!

adjunct

18. Jerilee Wei profile image68
          Jerilee Weiposted 14 years ago

I think I can do it and it might be a good exercise for me to be a little less wordy, although I'll still follow my own internal minimum length guidelines.

19. Whitney05 profile image82
          Whitney05posted 14 years ago

Why not start June 1st?  make it easier...

That's exactly why, because that would just be WAY too easy. smile

Plus, it's Court's idea -- I'm just bumping it up a bit.

1. spy_mas_ter profile image59
              spy_mas_terposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Obviously the news about what happened to squidoo.com never made it to hubpages. I think you are playing with fire, especially since the whole core of this challenge revolves around making money. Too many articles with too many affiliate links = spam as far as Google is concerned. That's what happened with squidoo, and now articles from their site very rarely make it to the serp's, if ever. I also think the quality of the hubs will suffer for the most part during this time because the challenge focuses on quantity rather than quality. Count me out and don't say I didn't warn you!

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
                Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Anyone who tries posting Hubs with too many affiliate links will find their Hub flagged as "overly promotional" and unpublished.  It's one of the safeguards here at HP and I'm pretty sure it was designed specifically to counter the kind of thing that happened at Squidoo.

However, I have to say I'm also worried that the Hubs published during this Challenge might not be up to the usual quality - we'll see. 

I'm toying with the 30 Hubs in 30 days challenge.  I don't realy have time, but it is about time I wrote some more Hubs and it would bring me up to 101 Hubs - a nice round number.

Yeah, don't worry -- we can handle the new influx of Hubs. I mean, Maddie might have to put in some overtime, but I'm sure that she doesn't mind. I'm really happy that all of you are concerned, though! smile

Marisa, I also think that 101 is a nice and round number...haha.

Sounds like you need yourself one of these:

If you blog anywhere, be sure to post something about how you're going to be stepping up to take the Hub Challenge! Also, don't forget about the 3 simple instructions:

2. Trekkiemelissa profile image66
                Trekkiemelissaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There are a few of us here on hubpages that are also on squidoo and on top of it all are going for the challenge.  There is no reason that quality will suffer if you know how to write a quality hub. Challenges are really good as they do help you perform better as you are setting a goal.

20. Whitney05 profile image82
          Whitney05posted 14 years ago

Gotcha.. Ha. I may or may not participate... I'm deciding. :-/ If I can come up with enough ideas, maybe. I have the weekend to decide right? If anything maybe just 30 in 30

Oh yeah -- you have the weekend to come up with ideas...so you've got plenty of time. smile

21. Christa Dovel profile image70
          Christa Dovelposted 14 years ago

I'd love to join in this challenge, but I'm going to take the weekend to mull it over.  I think I could do 30 hubs in 30 days.

22. fortunerep profile image68
          fortunerepposted 14 years ago

My student is leaving for DC tomorrow and I am so in. Time on my hands.  You got any topics to pick from or just our own?
          dori

23. Rockwell Fitness profile image57
          Rockwell Fitnessposted 14 years ago

This is going to be Hubsanity...

The 100 Hub Club...

I've already got a list of about 30 ideas so far..

"Failing to Hub, is Hubbing to Fail"....

24. BristolBoy profile image64
          BristolBoyposted 14 years ago

I would do it but have a little issue of dissertation and presentations which get in the way of this challenge.  Still good luck everyone!

1. Teresa McGurk profile image59
            Teresa McGurkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Allabest with the dissertation and the defense.

25. dwilliamson profile image59
          dwilliamsonposted 14 years ago

Definitely count me in!!!! I'm in for the 100, possibly more!!!! I love this challenge. Another excuse for me to write more hubs!!!!!!!!!

26. Lisa HW profile image62
          Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Believe it or not, I've been thinking about how adding at least another 100 Hubs would most likely substantially boost earnings on the "not-quite-as-hot" Hubs (as compared to the "major earners" I have).  This has been kind of my "secret" aim recently; and I've written 100 articles in about that time on other sites.  So - it's tempting.

Still, I'm a little "commitment-phobic" when it comes to this kind of thing.  smile  Also, I'm somewhat intimidated by some of the "extras" (Twitter and whatever the other thing was) involved.  Some "Internet doings" are things I'm not very familiar with.  I'm pretty much a "write-and-read" kind of person and haven't done a very good job of learning "all the social, Internet-type, stuff".  I'm not "belly-aching" - just thought I'd offer some feedback on what some issues for some people may be.

Essentially, not being at all sure this would be the month when I'd have the time/energy to aim for the 100 in 30 - I'm pretty much sensing failure if I try.   smile  My head would like to participate, but I don't think this is the month when the rest of me would cooperate.   smile

1. profile image48

Lisa stop making excuses get yer ass on board, if I can do 30 so can you. Let yer head rule : )

27. Everyday Miracles profile image85

I bet you could do 30 though, Lisa! It's 100 or 30 smile

28. cindyvine profile image68
          cindyvineposted 14 years ago

What the heck, count me in for 30.  I don't even have adsense so this will not be boosting my income lol  Report writing time at school looming ahead so 100 is definitely out!  30 will be enough of a challenge!

1. profile image48

I cant wait for 30 DeeVine masterpieces : )

29. blackbutterfly103 profile image61
          blackbutterfly103posted 14 years ago

Count me in I can do 30

30. Lisa HW profile image62
          Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Badcompany,

"Lisa stop making excuses get yer ass on board, if I can do 30 so can you. Let yer head rule : )"

My realistic head is ruling when it tells me to plan to participate "in spirit" and root for the success of all who commit to the challenge.   smile  Over the weekend, I may see if I can do something about the idea drought I've been in - in which case, I may decide to take the official challenge.  smile

1. profile image48

Thats my girl, you can do it !

31. cindyvine profile image68

I'll try and get a little creative, BC.

1. profile image48

jeeez could you get more creative, look forward to them, have a good weekend DeeVine : )

32. frogdropping profile image78
          frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

I may give this a go. I'm an eejit - I can think up all kinds of wierd crap. I may even give common sense ago. Don't know about 100 though - I'm time constrained ATM big_smile

33. profile image0
          Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

I think that this is Ryan's way to keep us from obsessing about our Hubscores. Won't have time worry about much of anything.

34. accofranco profile image77
          accofrancoposted 14 years ago

I longed to see hubbers do some contests, and here it comes. But hubpages should have listed topics to crack down. To Hupfler, here are some topics for you: 'the execution of Sadam Husein, how fair is it?' 'the Wall Street and global economy' 'the secrets of living long' 'Religion and War, what they share in common' 'the end of crime, how long?'

35. shibashake profile image82
          shibashakeposted 14 years ago

Somebody should do 100 sexy picture hubs as a control case. I would truly like to see the the differences in AdSense earnings smile

Also, bah with the 100 hubs, everybody knows that the right answer is always 42 wink

1. profile image0
            2C'sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I will be be doing some of those as paintings of nudes as CC Riter! Come see a fat painter.

1. shibashake profile image82
              shibashakeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry fat or PHAT? big_smile

2. KEckerle profile image60
              KEckerleposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey, is that an Indian Ringneck on your shoulder?  If so I have a blue one --- does yours talk?  I also have a Parrotlet and they both talk up a storm.

Thinking about taking the challenge --- but it's a busy month.  do we have to let someone know we are accepting the challenge or just post 30 or 100 hubs in the next 30 days?

1. profile image0
                C. C. Riterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My Parrot is Jado. He is an eight year old Solomon Island Eclectus. He likes sexy women too and watches me paint and write and helps me with ideas. LOL thank you for noticing. Go to the beginning of this thread and Ryan gives the details if I recall. good luck now

Well, you can do 42 then...that's OK with me. smile

3. Teresa McGurk profile image59

LOL: ok.  42 it is!

4. Rockwell Fitness profile image57
            Rockwell Fitnessposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think I will try and do 20 of these hubs.. I am curious to see how the traffic is for these..

36. accofranco profile image77

More topics: "the internet,a money making media or an info media" "the easiest way to make money through hubpages" "how to make a woman cum trice during lovemaking" "safest way to get scholarship aid online" "how to win back an ex" "how to get laid with an indian girl" "the secrets of christian religion" "the mexican drug cartels" "iran and uranium advancement,should they be banned" "best way to handle ex-prisoners" "untold adsense success"

37. Uninvited Writer profile image80

I somehow think "how to make a woman cum" would be considered adult. smile

38. cindyvine profile image68

and accofranco's other suggestion, how to get laid with an Indian girl is not? lol

1. profile image48

Damn I had already starting writing it : )

1. accofranco profile image77
              accofrancoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm also expecting my good friend Goldentoad to do something on this topic. BadC... your prayer for Chelsea to loose to Barca had been answered through an unfair presiding by a redundant ref. How was your day anyway?

1. profile image48

My day has been good my good friend and I wish you a great weekend.

1. accofranco profile image77

And you too, have a fun filled weekend with much love from all those around you.

2. accofranco profile image77

I'm sorry if you were offended by this topic, i just like it cos, Indian girls are sometimes hard to get laid according to a cousin who's studying at Madras university India.Pardon me plz?

39. Ryan Hupfer profile image60

I really didn't want to lock anyone down and I didn't want to guide anyone because different people like to write about different things.

I'm going to do some keyword research, but I'm going to do it around topics that I already know something about. Hopefully I won't run out of them along the way. smile

Thanks for the suggestions though, accofranco!

40. accofranco profile image77

More topics: "the most cutest dog breed to train" "the most busty actress" "the youngest queen in reign" "dangers of hiring a baby sitter" "the white house unveiled" "natural way to cure vaginal odor" "the worlds' youngest billionairs, who are they?" "The Undertaker, an indomitable lion of the wwe ring" "why George Bush must be prosecuted" "untold secrets of the world war II" "causes of global economy melt down and stock market fluctuations"

41. jimmythejock profile image83
          jimmythejockposted 14 years ago

Hi Ryan an all of the others who have posted in this thread, I have been there and done that with not much earnings, I have realised that in the time that I have been Writing on hubpages that Quality of hubs rather than Quantity is the best way to make money.
          original work folowed by research and niche topics make money, a ton of hubs not thought out gets you nowhere.
          I wish you luck though.....jimmy

Well that's great Jimmy, but I'm defying all odds by having both -- quantity [i]AND[/i} quality. smile

Can it really be done? I guess that we'll find out soon.

42. Uninvited Writer profile image80

I'm definitely going for quality. If I think something is bad I won't publish it until I like it. Hey...sleep is overrated anyway.

1. shibashake profile image82
            shibashakeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

HubPages should provide all participating hubbers with a few bags of NoDoz.

Or is that against the rules? smile

2. accofranco profile image77

I trust you sir! Thats what we are hoping to read, quality and not just quantity though, i might pop in some quantities myself,please you guys should forgive me if i do that.Therefore,i hereby purchase the right and patent to publish non-quality hubs in this contest,so if you publish any unqualified hub during this contest, you shall be sentenced for life plus a total ban from writing in life,court rise?

43. accofranco profile image77

I second Jimmy on this, quality must be emphasized here.You know some folk can go about publishing how they pee and wee at home in the name of clocking a 100 hubs in 30 days.

44. Ryan Hupfer profile image60

Oh goodness -- check out these graphics that each of you can use in your blogs on Monday to announce that you're crazy enough to be in the Hub Challenge. smile

James, our radically awesome designer, made one for both the 30 and 100 Hubs in 30 Days challenge, so pick your poison and be sure to blog about this upcoming crazy adventure before we all kick it off on Monday.

Also, if you want to invite a friend to go Hub crazy, here is a link that you can send them. It will take them directly to this forum post, which we'll continue to update over the next 30 days.

http://HubPages.com/HubChallenge

45. waynet profile image68
          waynetposted 14 years ago

I don't care if I don't earn much from my efforts, sometimes we gotta stretch ourselves every now and then and this seems like the perfect opportunity to write 100 hubpages in 30 days that's at least 25 a week, so in theory I could manage it, I'll just have to sit on the toilet and strain harder for those ideas!!!

I'm gonna psyche myself up for this like a pro wrestler, macho man Randy Savage......OOOOOhhhhhhhhh Yeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!

OhhhhhhhHHH yeeeAAAAAHHHH is right!

http://www.sptimes.com/News/121999/photos/flo-wrestler.jpg

Wayne is officially IN!

1. waynet profile image68
              waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Arrrgh! my eyes...the colours!

46. Teresa McGurk profile image59
          Teresa McGurkposted 14 years ago

Dang and dagnabit -- my arm's still in plaster!

But what the heck.

I'm in -- for 30.  I mean, what's the worst that could happen? 

(no: seriously -- what's  the worst that COULD happen?  Murphy's Law. . . )

Ryan: do you explain the Twitter thing in more detail somewhere in this thread?  I'll go through and have a read, but if not, can you explain it so Irish people can understand?  Thanks!

Hey Teresa, here is a great blog post about HashTags on twitter. They're the tags that you see at the end of tweets that start with #. If we get enough Hubbers tweeting out the #HubChallenge when they post their updates on Twitter, then it might become a trending term.

Make more sense now?

I'll have a look, thanks!

2. darkside profile image64
            darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The worst thing that could happen is you fall short of the mark and publish say, 15.

But then you have 15 hubs that you otherwise wouldn't have had.

So no one really loses do they? big_smile

47. sunstreeks profile image82
          sunstreeksposted 14 years ago

Count me in for 100!

100??? Are you sure??

Are you really that crazy?

....OK, I guess that you are. smile

48. Ryan Hupfer profile image60

...and to think that they called that look 'Macho'. smile

1. waynet profile image68
            waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah more like nacho man...come and get your nachos!!!

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88
              Patty Inglish, MSposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Like "wrestling dog" Nacho Viento I borrowed once...

http://z.hubpages.com/u/571451_f248.jpg

49. Ryan Hupfer profile image60

Here's more #hashtag info: http://twitter.pbworks.com/Hashtags

gracias, I think I got it now.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
          Necessary
          HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
          LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
          Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
          AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
          HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
          HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
          Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
          CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
          Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
          Features
          Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
          Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
          Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
          Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
          Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
          VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
          PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
          Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
          MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
          Marketing
          Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
          Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
          Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
          SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
          Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
          Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
          AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
          OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
          Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
          TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
          Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
          Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
          Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
          Statistics
          Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
          ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
          Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
          ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)