jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Four Themes from "Happy City"

1. MarionMicahTinio profile image79
    MarionMicahTinioposted 8 days ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Four Themes from "Happy City" (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image95
      theraggededgeposted 8 days ago in reply to this

Hi there,

The problem preventing your hub passing QAP is probably the links. Get rid of most of them (esp Twitter) and only keep the essential ones. The links in the link capsule about drivers bear no relation to the title or the book under discussion. You probably think they do, but get rid of them anyway smile

Make sure that the whole article is written to the title and the book. Don't go off on tangents. Keep referring back to the book and its author's views - at the moment it's difficult to know what is connected to the contents of the book and what is general discussion of the Philippines. For example, if I were reviewing Winnie-the-Pooh and I started talking about woodland management, I'd be going off topic.
      If you want to write a general article about the problems facing city planners in the Philippines, then do that, and just mention the book as a resource.

Your article is not a post. HubPages is not a blogging platform, so always refer to your hubs as articles.

Hope that helps.

MarionMicahTinioposted 8 days ago in reply to this

Thanks for this!

2. profile image80
    BrettWestGazetteposted 8 days ago

Noticed that in the first paragraph you used the past tense, however, in the rest of the article you changed that to the present tense.  Only one or the other tense should be used throughout the entire article.  Additionally, there is a nit in Theme 4:  "city" should be "cities" as the rest of the sentence is plural.  Perhaps a quick re-edit of the article would be beneficial.

MarionMicahTinioposted 7 days ago in reply to this

Thanks for this!

working