jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (16 posts)

A huge favour

1. Tashaonthetown profile image86
    Tashaonthetownposted 2 months ago

its not just for self promotion it is for every writer to see that it could be easy to start somewhere after writing articles.

1. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 2 months ago in reply to this

I think we can work that out for ourselves, thanks.

Tashaonthetownposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Why comment if you want to be rude
        There are people who do need a heads up and if you can figure it out for yourself then walk away from this forum post

1. psycheskinner profile image82
          psycheskinnerposted 2 months ago in reply to this

If you want to help people you can do it without soliciting votes.

My less-than-thrilled tone was because spam is annoying. Less so after it is deleted by mods.

Its not spam just a favour im asking for but why sit here reading all of this. Goand write a mean cycynical something somewhere else it will give you something better to do.

2. theraggededge profile image95
    theraggededgeposted 2 months ago

It's gone now. If you read the guidelines at the left-hand side when you are posting, they clearly forbid self-promotion. The thing is, we'd all like to do it - I have a great website, I'd love to share. But it's never going to happen and I quite enjoy having an account here. You can't dress it up as 'helping others' - that doesn't impress anyone.

There are ways to promote your website with social media. Im not soliciting votes just asking my fellow writers to support me. Do it dont do it.

1. kenneth avery profile image83
        kenneth averyposted 2 months ago in reply to this

@Everyone: In a civil tone, may I just ask what you are all talking about?

1. theraggededge profile image95
          theraggededgeposted 2 months ago in reply to this

The original post has been deleted, Ken. It was promotional.

1. kenneth avery profile image83
            kenneth averyposted 2 months ago in reply to this

@:)raggedege, Okie, dokie. And FYI, when I put these smile near your name or any hubber's name, it means that I am Very Fond of that hubber. Now that is Old School Kode.

3. Tashaonthetown profile image86
    Tashaonthetownposted 2 months ago

Hi Kenneth I was just asking fellow hubbers to nominate my book so that it can be published. Didn't know it would turn into a cat fest though. cant people just be supportive rather than sit an write ugly

"Do not start threads for the sole purpose of promotion or posting links. Please use the Forums in the spirit of community!"

Says the guidelines right there on the left. Why do you think they don't apply to you?

You were soliciting votes; not once did you mention in your original post that you were 'helping others'. That came later when it was pointed out that self-promotion isn't permitted. I expect the majority of writers here have something they could promote, yet they know that they can't.

It was pointed out that you shouldn't do it.The post was removed and now you are still ranty ranting about it. Let it go and get on with writing.

Edit: and another thing... we don't see you here in the forums at all. You don't come and help the newbies, or answer questions, or just be part of the forum community. Yet there you were trying to get us to be nice and vote for you.

I was simply asking for help yes! didn't know that was a crime. For your info I have had many people asking for help and I have given them some throughout the years. don't have to do it on a forum, they email me all the time. I am not ranting about the lack of help I just don't understand why you think you are above anyone else sitting there waiting to judge.

::sigh::

1. Palmer001 profile image58
            Palmer001posted 2 months ago in reply to this

This is the beginning of the sentence you just finished reading.”

2. Palmer001 profile image58
          Palmer001posted 2 months ago in reply to this

really Sorry,!
          Take it easy

working