jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: What's the difference between Acrylic and Polycarbo

1. Ro Carter-Wilson profile image61
    Ro Carter-Wilsonposted 4 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub What's the difference between Acrylic and Polycarbonate?? (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

Hi there,

Your article won't be approved because of the link to your business. I think I mentioned it before. HubPages won't allow self-promotion.

Also, as Rupert explained, you can't just take an image and republish it - you could be lumbered with a large bill for unauthorised use. https://hubpageshelp.com/media/Learning … -image-use

Hope that helps.

2. Rupert Taylor profile image95
    Rupert Taylorposted 4 weeks ago

A few issues. Headlines and sub heads should be written in Title Face.

"Image found on the web" is not proper sourcing information. Images must be creative commons/public domain and free of copyright restrictions. It's also better practice to scatter images throughout the text rather than stacking them together.

As to content, I am not qualified to comment having had an abysmal record in chemistry at high school.

3. Ro Carter-Wilson profile image61
    Ro Carter-Wilsonposted 4 weeks ago

Rupert,
    thanks for the feedback, and the laugh.
    Much appreciated.

4. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 4 weeks ago

The most self-promotional it can be is using your name and perhaps mentioning your company on your bio.  A live link will not fly.

Ro Carter-Wilsonposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

As I am still learning, all of this feedback is GREATLY appreciated. What a supportive community. I have cleaned up the submission; hopefully, it's appropriate for publication now.
      Thanks @psycheskinner

1. psycheskinner profile image81
        psycheskinnerposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

Good luck.  It is just a matter of showing how involvement in your business makes you a reliable expert to write on this topic, that is how the connection benefits hubpages.

But presented in that way, people who read your articles will be able to work back to seeing that you are also a service provider.

Ro Carter-Wilsonposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

Thank you very much.

working