jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

Google ranking.

1. pen promulgates profile image80
    pen promulgatesposted 4 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers, please help.
    Is there any way to know on what page in 'Google'  your article stands?

1. Jeremy Gill profile image90
      Jeremy Gillposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

Hmm.. This would depend on what exactly was searched, wouldn't it? Some searches might have your Hub on page 1, while others on page 50, depending on factors like how closely the searched words match the article's title and content.

I'd recommend searching a phrase related to your article you'd expect people to search, and seeing where your Hub stands with that.

2. pen promulgates profile image80
    pen promulgatesposted 3 weeks ago

That's right Jeremy. But what I meant was the the placement of the article on Google in it's original form - the title you create. How will u know on which page your article in its original form stands in Google pages!

Hmm.. would you mind helping me understand? I'm under the impression that the title you create influences where the page comes up, sure, but it still depends on something being searched. In other words, there isn't a Google list of all URLs ever, which would be almost infinitely long.

Am I missing something?

pen promulgatesposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

Ha ha.. True. I think u cleared my doubt.. Thanks.
        Can u also help me understand another weird thing, when you put the title you create on Google search, and you get no result, what can be done for your title to get indexed? One of my articles was there in the search engine, all of a sudden it disappeared. Now, even if I put the entire title, it doesn't direct to my article page on hubpages sad

Check that the article is still Featured; it may have become unfeatured due to low traffic or quality, in which case it won't show up in Google searches.

It is featured! That's why I was confused!

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
              Marisa Wrightposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

If it's featured but you can't get it to come up on Google even with the exact title, there's a problem of some kind.  How long has the Hub been published?   

If it's only a short time, perhaps Google hasn't indexed it yet.   If it's been around for a long time, then Google has penalised it for some reason.

Thanks Marisa. That helps. Would anyone be able to find the reason why Google  penalized the article? Do they contact or something?

1. Marisa Wright profile image94

No they don't, you need to work it out for yourself. 

Post a link here and see if we can work it out.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94

Your question doesn't make sense. 

Your Hub is always in its original form.  It never changes.

3. theraggededge profile image96
    theraggededgeposted 3 weeks ago

It also depends on if you are logged in to Google and how often you've searched for it. It maybe worth searching for it on a friend's computer or phone. Then you'll get a 'clean' result.

4. pen promulgates profile image80
    pen promulgatesposted 3 weeks ago

You make a good point, Bev. I shall try that.

working