jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: ''The Stranger'' by Albert Camus

1. Poete Maudit profile image61
    Poete Mauditposted 4 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub ''The Stranger'' by Albert Camus (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

Hi there,

Your hub is too short and the writing is convoluted.

Keep the quote in italics, but put the rest of the introduction into normal text.

There are many grammatical errors:

'Sunk' not 'sinked'.

"For him indulge in daydreams or having an aspiration doesn't make sense because there is not happiness into them."

"Daydreams and aspirations hold no happiness for him."

Reading through it, almost every sentence has an error or is poorly written. You could try pasting the text into Grammarly, but that will only pick up a few errors. It would be a good idea for you to get someone to proofread it for you, and help you to clarify what you are trying to say.

Sorry, I don't think it will be approved without a substantial rewrite.

Poete Mauditposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

Thank you, I'm not a native speaker as you may understand. I will follow your advices and if you want I could send my article corrections to you.

1. theraggededge profile image96
          theraggededgeposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

No, it's okay, thank you smile You do them, and republish so that it can be approved.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 4 weeks ago

It's very, very tough to make a success on HubPages if you're not a native speaker.  As I read your Hub, I can "hear" the French version in my head, because your sentences are constructed as they would be in French, not rearranged the way a native English speaker would say them.  That's why it sounds convoluted to Raggededge.

I learned French at college and worked in Rouen for a while.  However, I still would not presume to try to write for a French magazine. There is a big difference between being able to speak a language well enough to do business, and speaking it well enough to write for money.

Poete Mauditposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

I appreciate your answer/advice but I'm not from France either, although I will try to do my best and participate in Hubpages community.

2. jrk1121 profile image81
      jrk1121posted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

Marisa gave the best advice in this thread so far. English is a complex language. If you don not fully understanding the rules of English it will be hard to convey your thoughts to a native English reader.

working