Do you use the submit to niche queue after corrections

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (32 posts)
  1. tsmog profile image84
    tsmogposted 6 years ago

I recived a note from HubPages an article is eligible for a niche site. The notes at the bottom stated to check grammar. I have done corrections using grammarly and one other editing software. The question is do I wait for them to review or do I go through the process of submitting to a niche site?

1. profile image0
      Ian McKayposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I have had far more success waiting for the site to move it. They always seem to reject it if I submit one and then move it themselves a week later which makes no sense at all.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
        Marisa Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Ian, do you mean brand new Hubs or old ones? 

When you write a brand new Hub, you should NOT use the "Submit to a network site" button.  Brand new Hubs are automatically considered for the niche sites within the first few weeks after publication.   If you try submitting it at that point, it will be rejected because it's already in the queue. 

If a brand new Hub hasn't been moved after a month or so, you can assume it's been rejected - so there's absolutely no  point submitting it again.  You have to revise and improve it first, then try submitting it.

1. profile image0
          Ian McKayposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Ok, I didn't know that, but I leave it with them now anyway. If it's good enough it will get moved, if not, it won't lol

2. Jesse Drzal profile image91
          Jesse Drzalposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I have used the ''submit'' on new Hubs I knew they would take, just to speed it up so I can do my thing. The definitely took them more quickly. I don't really have anything older to submit so that's what I did a few times.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
            TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 years agoin reply to this

I have found that when I write a new hub, they move it almost immediately...sometimes even the same day.

3. Jan Saints profile image87
          Jan Saintsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

"If a brand new Hub hasn't been moved after a month or so, you can assume it's been rejected." But who said this?!

I can't recall if anyone actually said those words, but it's obvious, isn't it?

Every brand new Hub is now automatically assessed for the niche sites.  Therefore if a brand new Hub doesn't get moved to a niche site, it must have failed to meet the standard for the niche site.   

Sometimes it seems to take a while to go through the assessment process, that's why I suggest waiting a month before assuming that it's been rejected.

1. Jeremy Gill profile image92
              Jeremy Gillposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I wonder if editors ever encounter Hubs they feel are of adequate quality to move, but the topic doesn't relate enough to any of the niche sites, so the Hub isn't moved.

HubPages went to great lengths to map all their categories to the niche sites.  So if you were able to find a category for it on HubPages, there's a niche site somewhere for it.

Personally I think some subjects don't fit well where they've put them (for instance, dance on Hobbylark).

What does sometimes happen is that a Hub is good enough quality, but they already have several Hubs on the niche sites covering exactly the same ground.

1. Jeremy Gill profile image92
                  Jeremy Gillposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You're right Marisa, the categories cover just about everything. I've also encountered cases where a Hub fits two or more niche sites well (Hobbylark and Reelrundown in particular), but in those cases one is simply selected.

HubPages and its staff are doing a great job, and I mean no offense to anyone, but it seems that articles published before the niche sites were made are often overlooked. Still, I suppose that's why we have the submit article button.

You could also say that those old articles had their chance and have already been found wanting!

You may recall that the niche sites were originally formed by taking all the  successful Hubs from the HubPages main site.   The statistic was something like 80% of the main site's traffic was generated by 20% of the Hubs.  That 20% was easy to identify and move en masse. 

So, that obviously means the 80% left on HubPages - all the remaining "old articles" - were generating only 20% of the site's total traffic, suggesting that they simply weren't making the grade with Google!   That's why HubPages has been so cautious about moving them to the niche sites and in fact, I'm slightly surprised they're even bothering.

2. Sherry Hewins profile image92
      Sherry Hewinsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yes, absolutely. Submit the hub again as soon as you think it is ready. If they have already suggested corrections they won't count it again for the 14 day rule. Good luck to you.

1. tsmog profile image84
        tsmogposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thank you. I took the plunge and submitted. I am guessing the same editor is responsible for certain niche sites. I dun'no . . . if it passes great, if not I learned.

3. vocalcoach profile image94
      vocalcoachposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I always re submit after making the necessary changes.

4. CatherineGiordano profile image76
      CatherineGiordanoposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Resubmit to the niche site after you have done the corrections. It will immediately be accepted for review even if the two weeks aren't up.  I find that the hub is usually posted on the niche site within a day after I resubmit.  However, I've been waiting over a week for my last resubmission. Maybe it is because of the holiday.

5. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85

Submit it immediately.  Doing this will not count against your 14 day time limit for submissions.

6. NessMovieReviews profile image84
      NessMovieReviewsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Did you purchase grammerly or just use it free? What other online site did you use?

2. Carola Finch profile image93
    Carola Finchposted 6 years ago

It is OK to use the submit to niche site button after you have revised an article.  I have used it several times.  It does not interfere with the fourteen days rule.

3. Jesse Drzal profile image91
    Jesse Drzalposted 6 years ago

What Sherry said.

4. Kenna McHugh profile image91
    Kenna McHughposted 6 years ago

Yes. I do. It works.

5. NessMovieReviews profile image84
    NessMovieReviewsposted 6 years ago

Ive tried to resubmit and a message flags that the hub has to wait the predetermined time so I am unsure how anyone is resubmitting before that. I recently received an email from my submission that cited a couple of changes required but also said congratulations it was ready, which is confusing. Im assuming they meant, they liked it but wouldnt take it untill the edits were done. Reading through the required changes, Ive found they are quite strict on how they like things to look. Im going to have to change a fair bit on mine to meet their standard with regard to formatting. They dont like lists, however in hints and tips, lists are promoted. Ill get there, its just finding the formula. Im quite frustrated with a particular writer I recently saw on the niche site that can hardly speak English has a few published. Doesnt even sound like the other stuff on their page and a second article I saw waa practically a repeat of the first. Sigh

The first thing you need to do is take another look at that email.

You'll find that 90% of it is a standard email. You can safely ignore it. If your Hub has already been picked for a niche site, it's likely none of it applies to your Hub.

At the end of the email, there is usually a short note, giving you one or two specific issues that need attention. That's what you need to fix. Once you've addressed that, you can resubmit.

1. NessMovieReviews profile image84
        NessMovieReviewsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks - I'm going to run it through a grammar check tool just in case and then tweak a few places to be more specific. Ive since gone back to the niche site to look at formatting and notices a few similar things they all have that I will edit mine to as well although that will be time consuming - I think once it becomes stansardised - I will hope fully see some selected instead of have to submit.

My advice - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.  If HubPages likes it the way it is, except for the specific issue mentioned at the end of the email, then accept that judgment.   After all, if you change too much, you might change the very thing they like about it!

Don't worry about formatting either.   Many of us spent hours changing the formatting to "suit" the niche sites months ago, only to find that HubPages changed its mind about the best formatting recently.  You may even be looking at Hubs which aren't in the recommended format (for instance, the early Hubs had Callout capsules instead of sub-headings - now that's frowned on, but those Hubs haven't been reformatted to reflect that).

No matter how much work you do on existing Hubs, it's likely you'll have to manually submit them.   HubPages did a big sweep of the main site when the niche sites were created, and picked up all the best-performing Hubs then. The moderators are kept so busy with new Hubs and submitted Hubs, I don't expect they have much time left to go back over old Hubs which were already passed over in the first sweep.  They do pick up the odd one but I don't think it's that frequent.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85

Actually, I've found that they review numerous hubs that I've updated.  They always send an email saying that they did so and that the hub is fine.

I've noticed that if you update a Hub that's on a niche site, they do check it. I'm pretty sure that's to make sure the quality on the niche sites stays high.   

The OP is talking about revising and improving Hubs which are still on HubPages, in hopes that they'll be noticed and moved without having to submit.

6. Kenna McHugh profile image91
    Kenna McHughposted 6 years ago

I do and it works.

7. SoaresJCSL profile image64
    SoaresJCSLposted 6 years ago

Yes!

8. vocalcoach profile image94
    vocalcoachposted 6 years ago

Sometimes I do.  Often I Waite for a notificationalerting me that a hub has been selected.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)