jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (19 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: 20 Things Mindful People Do on a Daily Basis

1. Caitlin Hendee profile image59
    Caitlin Hendeeposted 3 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub 20 Things Mindful People Do on a Daily Basis (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. Gyanendra Mocktan profile image78
      Gyanendra Mocktanposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

Hi Caitlin Hendee, I agree with the feedback you have received from AliciaC and Marica Wright.  Though I'm here for one year, I've not been able to read many articles or write.  However, I'm trying best.  Thank you.

2. AliciaC profile image95
    AliciaCposted 3 weeks ago

I think it's a good hub, although it's a bit short. Unfortunately, it's spoiled by the last two sentences. They don't seem to match the rest of the hub. In addition, they give the impression that the goal of the article was to promote the business that you work for. HubPages has strict rules about self promotion. I think if you deleted the last two lines and made the article a bit longer it might be okay.

Caitlin Hendeeposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

Hi Alicia, Thank you! I am the health and wellness blogger for Diet-to-Go and was trying to both share my content and my role. But I get it now, and will definitely delete it. Thanks again for the feedback!

3. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 3 weeks ago

I'd say it's too short.   Aim for at least 800 words.   

Also, please note that HubPages prohibits self-promotion in your Hubs.   Even though you haven't linked to your business, that last line is a blatant promotion of it, and it's not relevant to the rest of the Hub (the Hub is not specifically about mindfulness for weight loss, it's about mindfulness for anyone).

Did not know that. Thank you for letting me know. I will try again!

4. JR Cuevas profile image72
    JR Cuevasposted 3 weeks ago

Add more pictures and other capsules related to your hub. Be cautious in using pictures from different sites. You can get free pictures from Pixabay, Pexels and Unsplash. In that way, readers will be encouraged to read your hub. Make at least 1150-word articles. It's the best tip for your hub to be featured. Good luck!

5. jack10love profile image56
    jack10loveposted 3 weeks ago

Great stuff out there man.Well short but sweet but you can add more try some link and beware of spammy elements. That is it..

6. jrk1121 profile image77
    jrk1121posted 3 weeks ago

Caitlin,

The hub makes sense and is written fairly well.

2 suggestions.
    1.) Explain each list item with a sentence or two. That will help increase the word count people are talking about.

2.) remove that last section of text. Use the add bio button under about the author to the text there.

This paragraph needs to go in a bio so it doesn't distract the reader.
    "Diet-to-Go delivers healthy meals to people who want to eat right and lose weight the right way. Those meals can be a big step forward in meeting your mindfulness goals, too!"

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

That paragraph shouldn't be on HubPages at all. It's not a bio, it's an advert big_smile

Thanks, yes, I didn't realize that wasn't okay. I will most definitely delete it.

1. jrk1121 profile image77
          jrk1121posted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

I didn't realize it either. I thought the bio was for describing/promoting yourself.

2. Caitlin Hendee profile image59

Thank you so much for the feedback! I will adhere to your suggestions and try again. I really appreciate it!

7. Will Apse profile image91
    Will Apseposted 3 weeks ago

It is duplicate content, unfortunately.

https://diettogo.com/blog/20-things-mindful-people-do

Hi there, yes, I wrote this content as well. It is an original work I was trying to share here, too. Thanks!

2. Caitlin Hendee profile image59

Also, so even though I wrote the original content, too, I'm not allowed to share it here if it's also on the Diet-to-Go website? (I write the blog for DTG).

1. jrk1121 profile image77
        jrk1121posted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

No, Google penalizes sites for duplicate content. That is a big big no no for any site.

Ah, I see. Ok, good to know. Thanks.

1. theraggededge profile image96
            theraggededgeposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

Caitlin, if you are here to promote your business then HubPages may not be the best place for you. However, if you are here to write in your niche topic, then just keep writing. It is possible to connect your business but it has to be done in a subtle way. You can link to your website on your profile by adding the link in the appropriate box when in Edit Profile. You can mention the name of the company (without a link) in each hub 'about the author'. Just be aware that there's a line you can't overstep.

Hubpages is trying very hard to move away from the low quality hubs and spamming that used to be rife here. It's up to all of us to be mindful of that.

working