jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (15 posts)

Why Don't Traffic Sources Stats Show Results for Facebook & Twitter?

1. eugbug profile image94
    eugbugposted 3 weeks ago

How come?

1. kaiyan717 profile image82
      kaiyan717posted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

Facebook is my biggest traffic source. It should show up for you or I would have to agree, it's a glitch. Never seen Twitter traffic, though I never use it, so not sure. Good luck

eugbugposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

It could be because any of my Facebook traffic comes from posts I made on my Facebook page, rather than from my personal page, or anyone elses for that matter.

1. Jesse Drzal profile image88
          Jesse Drzalposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

That won't matter. A view is a view wherever it comes from, whether your page, interest page, group or whatever.

It could also be because Traffic Sources only shows the top 30 or so sources, not all sources?

Should show all. Mobile and desktop facebook and right down the line.

2. Jesse Drzal profile image88

What does it read? Is it blank?

No, there's no mention of Facebook whatsoever.

2. kaiyan717 profile image82
          kaiyan717posted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

I have a couple million off Facebook. They show up as facebook.com or m.facebook.com. All was from other people sharing. It shouldn't matter how it happens, traffic is traffic. Though, same token, almost a half million or so in traffic is unaccounted for on mine as well. Maybe yours is falling under that pile. They used to have a disclaimer stating not all traffic sources could be found, etc. This is a higher percentage than you would think.

How did you manage to get so much Facebook traffic?! I've never received much from my page, but my content is probably boring DIY stuff. I've been experimenting with posting on groups and that seems to be more promising.

Because ''not all views are discernable'' either from adblock or other reasons exactly. It's many on mine as well.

Jesse Drzalposted 3 weeks ago

Twitter reads as tco on mine..which was confusing. Are traffic sources not reading on your account page? Everything should be there.

I think it used to, but not anymore. Fixya also used to be listed.

Sounds like a major glitch on the account. I would email the team on that.

3. kaiyan717 profile image82
    kaiyan717posted 3 weeks ago

Sad to say I didn't do anything. I had a few things go viral. It just took off, so no way to replicate smile

working